The final chapter in the confusedandalone story...

by confusedandalone 85 Replies latest jw experiences

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Julia, Confusedandalone, was asked by his father for $10,000. It seems said father racked up huge credit card bills in order to support CandA's brother's pioneering and stay at beth-hell. The ever-so-rightious- brother is far too busy doing his "theocratic work" to bother paying back dad. Sooooooooo.... sucessful "apostate" son is asked to fork over the money quickly because it would bother daddy's conshunz to take money from someone DFed.

• scary21
    scary21

I love the way this has played out. You did it your way.

Sherry

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

So, it's the brother's issue for mooching off his dad, and the dad's issue for letting him mooch! CAA has no obligation to foot his brother's bills. If his brother wants to live like that, the brother should have to pay for it. Doesn't the Bible say something about being practically self sufficient and counting the cost of discipleship like you would sit down to cost out a building? Sounds like Righteous Brother and Dad FAILED.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The Bible also says this:

"Now I am coming to you for the third time, and I will not be a burden to you. I don't want what you have--I want you. After all, children don't provide for their parents. Rather, parents provide for their children." - 2 Cor. 12:14 (NLT).

CaA - Welcome to the rest of your life!

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

I appreciate every single one of you guys responses. I do hope that these things just help prepare someone for what to expect.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Congratulations, you got out with your dignity intact. It's not easy to do, many who leave are still somewhat under the cult mind control. Either they think the elders will be concerned about the things they have found out, or they feel guilty for doing something that the dubs forbid. It almost never turn out well and is not worth the brain damage.

You now have 20 people who will see that it is possible to break free from the Watchtower and not be miserable. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them follow your example.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

LisaRose - I dearly hope that someone will leave... To actually see all those unhappy people its heart-wrenching

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CONFUSEDANDALONE:

I am glad you did it "your way", with the DA letter. And, I am sure those e-mailed copies might have been re-mailed to others. However, I am even gladder you did not give them the money. This was all they were after.

It makes me cringe whenever ex-JWs give money to people who are shunning them. And others may have mentioned that any monies you gave would not necessarily be for food and necessities, but might very well be put in the contribution box!! You would be unwittingly supporting the religion's policies whether you wanted to or not.

I would have no use for any JW sibling who behaves in such an irresponsible and hypocritical manner and this story is far too common in the JW world. Too many of these people imagine they are going to be supported or "bailed out" by responsible working people.

I can't get over the arrogance of anybody who feels you are somehow going to be "held hostage" for the sake of family. Well, the JW religion destroyed that concept!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Now is the time you can do the most good. Its when the shock people experience and the initial hearing of it makes them want to know "why".

Why......is an important question. Why.....is a question JW's don't ask. Why.....is something you CAN answer. So use this time wisely. After you are announced, the influence goes down quite a bit.

I really....morbidly......would love to hear tape from a meeting with three guys at your house. I mean honeslty it would be a riot.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

With family like that, who needs enemies? My wife knows the extent of my departure and the internet activities, but to her credit she says nothing to her elders

Personally, I would never d/ass myself. It would seem like giving up and walking away. I would be accused of "throwing in the towell" , "turning my back" "being a quitter". I also know from experience that if the elders have a tricky case coming up, they just love it if the person does that. It saves them a whole heap of time and angst and deliberation....Why make their job easy ?

I would make them give me a hearing, postpone it at the last minute, prepare the longest arguments ...then appeal and have them do it all again. Tie up their time rather than have them free to Witness to someone those nights...Give them a run for their money

That is just me...everyone does what is right for them..Good luck in your future, bro.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit