The final chapter in the confusedandalone story...

by confusedandalone 85 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Again I say, your brother is a prick. He doesn't realize, though, that by pushing through the DF, he is actually helping to set you free. He's pissed off because you won't help with $$$, and so he's being vengeful and self-righteous.

Sure, write a letter and tell them exactly what you think. You are in a unique position of being able to do so, you have your wife and kids with you, and you don't need the cong. for anything. Tell them the truth.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

How is this going to fall out with the new Jw employee? Did I miss something here lately about that?

Use the meeting to go in and be decent, act if you have to, and record it and put it on here for all to hear what goes on in those backrooms.

If you do decide to go in and record, try to give some logical reasons to not beleive the the GB as gods channel. If they asked me the question about "do I believe the GB are gods channel" I would tell them that the onus was on them to show that they were. Then I would share the fact that in any other facet of the world, when a company or person has a track history of failed predictions wise people tend to use that info to make a determination as whether or not to decide to "do business" with them. Tell them that if it any other entity other than this religion, they themselves would NEVER decide to follow them. Its because they have so much to lose, if they are not true that keeps them tied to the WTBTS.

I feel that I may be coming down to a meeting like this in the future and am just rehearsing outloud.

NJY

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi confusedandalone, Why play the WTBTS's game? If you want to write a letter, write a letter to the WTBTS that questions your brother's behavior, how unchristian he is behaving, and is bringing shame on the WTBTS because he wants you to pay for his choices in life. The best thing that you can do is move on with you life with your wife. In a few years your family may change their minds about the WTBTS and your behavior. It sounds like your father and sister are feeling a lot of cognitive dissonance.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• BU2B
    BU2B

How did you wake your wife up C&A? It is sad you are losing your parents and siblings, but remember it is their choice not yours. You have your immediate family with you, thats the most important thing. I would walk away right now if I had my family with me.. Please meet with the elders if you can! Stay calm, and try to reach them with TTATT. You will not see immediate results but If you record it, it may help thousands in the future. We need more of these apostasy trials recorded like Raypublisher/JJ's. Im sure you could even just send him the audio and he likely would make a video of it. Either way, you are about to be totally free, and this is really the best thing. I cant wait until the day they say BU2B is NO LONGER ONE OF JEHOVAHS WITNESSES! Then I will feel a weight off I am sure. The worst is over.

Best Wishes- BU2B

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think your brother and dad are running on excess zeal right now and even a DA will not be enough to calm them down. Once the dust has settled, find a way to live happy and present yourself as dull as dishwater to your brother and dad. Because I don't think you will be able to keep them away, no matter what the WTS says. See if you can bore them in to submission. With pockets sealed shut with superglue. Not a penny more for idiots.

And have a great life!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

CAA: ... but once headquarters was involved they had their hands tied.

Ah, yes, the Nuremberg Defense: "We were just following orders!"

Nuremberg Trial

This is what the trial judges thought of that excuse:

Hangings

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Bro do what you feel is best. Good advice here and lots of good vibrations and that's a big help in this situation. It was in mine when I decided to meet with the elders and face their pitiful accusations against me.

Speaking truth to them felt amazingly good. Posting the recording online so all could get a view of these star-chamber kangaroo court proceedings felt even better and the feedback and support from this board and others was extremely helpful.

Please let us know how it goes...and please DO KICK ASS!

PS - You a have P.M.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Do something EVERY day to find joy in life. Be Strong! Have A Great Life!

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

So sorry your going through this! I know exactly how your feeling, my sister and her elder husband are telling everyone I know that we have become apostates and don't love Jehovah anymore, they actually took an opportunity to tell people at a funeral. I have even had people come to my door crying to ask if it is true!

Its sad to see our own family become like an enemy.

Be strong nobody but you has the power over your life , the elders and the watchtower can eat our dirt!!!!

• Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit