Do You Regard President Obama In The Same Way As You Did BEFORE The Election?

by minimus 122 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Obama VS. Putin.

Putin wins against amateur hour, everytime.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Jeff T,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Actually that isn't quite accurate. What I plan on doing is not just not giving them insurance full stop. i plan on using a medical savings acount to give them an amount each month that is not taxed so as to benefit them, and can be used towards the exchange. i have fairly young and healthy employees, and 100-150 a month will probably cover it. beats the 1480 per month a I pay now with a 2500 dollar deductable. I realize it isn't popular, but medical care on this country is NOT good. Not compared to other modern nations. I agree a system like that in Scandinavian countries would not work here but I do not agree it is because of sheer numbers of the population as someone had said. It is because while Americans set the bar way up there for political furvor,a nd we rank number one in "confidence" when it comes ot our own brain power, we are not completely succinct with reality and have very little sense of community responsability.

I dont think that is a left or right thing.

The disrespecting and denigrating of our president is kind of an interesting turn of events for us as a country. Its more widespread, and more viscerol than it was with even Bush. Few people have real facts to offer in this regard. Sure some things have failed. I don't think everything a president does succeeds. And all of you know that without 60 in the senate you can't get anything done now a days. Lets not play pretend.

As a wise man once said....

"Facts are useless. You could use facts to prove anything that is even remotely true."

-Homer Simpson

• JeffT
    JeffT

I like health savings accounts, as noted above I think doing something to encourage that plus a high deductible plan is a good solution to our problem. That combination encourages people to think before going to the doctor, but covers them if some bad happens.

Question: If you are providing the health insurance savaings accounts, but not the insurance itself are you subject to the penalty for not providing insurance? I know, implementation of that has been delayed for a year, what happens after that? If what your planning to do avoids the penalty (and if the employees actually go to the exhcange and buy the insurance) that sounds like a good idea. We should be hearing more about it.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

My understanding is that as long as I provide the means to have them buy health insurance, and they buy it, then we are all covered. After all, that is what is it intended to do.

CA health insurance rates are going down. I understand the change is hard, and in my opinion it doesn't go quite far enough, but for the most part, people can't be kicked off insurance plans, peoples children can remain on their plans longer, a few irresponsible people don't clog the medical establishment, and more people are covered with more in the system.

I am not a fan of the damn near monopolies the insurance companies will have, and there are other faults.

I am willing to say the benefits and evils are BOTH theoretical now.

• Farkel
    Farkel

When Obamanation took office, he was given a one trillion dollar deficit. Half of that was caused by George W. Bush. That would be 500 billion dollars. A LOT of money!

Nearly 5 years later we have a 17 TRILLION dollar deficiet. That folks is 17,000,000,000,000, or to put it another way, that is 17,000 MILLION dollars. If on peels off a million dollar bill from that stack of money, there is still left 16,999 million dollars left. Given the fact that a dollar bill is about .0046 of an inch thick, that is enough money to stretch to the moon 5 times. That is 5 times 230,000 miles of money when stacked up!

It is peanuts compared with what the USA spent fighting in world war II, even counting for any inflation numbers one wants to use.

Can anyone name a single bridge, road or any other infrastructure that Obamanation has built in this Country with that stolen taxpayer money?

Can anyone name any cronies, unions, failed and idiotic businesses Obamanation has thrown money at that was wasted and squandered and not use for the general welfare (see the US Constitution) of the people of the United States? I can. Can anyone justify why this man is a good and just President who cares for the citizens of this Country?

I certainly cannot.

Farkel

• Glander
    Glander

Hear, hear!

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile
    When Obamanation took office, he was given a one trillion dollar deficit.

That is mostly correct. It was actually closer to $1.4 trillion.

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/24992

Half of that was caused by George W. Bush.

Wait, what? Who do you believe is responsible for the other half?

Nearly 5 years later we have a 17 TRILLION dollar deficiet.

That is simply incorrect. The Congressional Budget Office forecasts a deficit of $642 billion this year.

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/44172

You've combined your facts into some weird amalgamation of the US "debiciet".

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Nothing is worse than seeing theory murdered by facts.

The deficit is going down. Like it or love it, it is going down. Alot of problems still otu there, but this guy just can't get stuck with everything the right is trying to throw.

• Glander
    Glander

debt is what you owe

deficit is how much you are short in paying your debt

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

The debt vs the deficit - no end in sight and sooner or later the family has to pay off the credit card. sw

How the Federal Debt and Deficit Are Different:

The U.S. budget deficit is when Federal spending is greater than the tax revenue received for that year. In Fiscal Year 2014, thebudget deficit was projected to be $744 billion. This ismuch lower than the all-time high of $1.4 trillion reached in FY 2009.

By the end of 2012, the U.S. Debt was more than $16 trillion. This is more than double the debt in 2000, which was $6 trillion.

How Does the Deficit Affect the Debt?:

Each year, the deficit is added to the debt. The Treasury must sell Treasury bonds to raise the money to cover the deficit. This is known as thepublic debt, since these bonds are sold to the public.

In addition to the public debt, there is the money that the government loans to itself each year. This money is in the form of Government AccountSecurities, and it comes primarily from the Social Security Trust Fund. These loans are not counted as part of the deficit, since they are all within the government. However, as the Baby Boomers retire, they will begin to draw down more Social Security funds than are replaced with payroll taxes. These benefits will need to be paid out of the general fund. This means that either other programs must be cut, taxes must be raised or benefits must be lowered. Unfortunately, legislators have not yet agreed on an effective plan to meet Social Security obligations.

How Does the Debt Affect the Deficit?:

The debt affects the deficit in three ways. First, the debt actually gives a better indication of the true deficit each year. You can more accurately gauge the deficit by comparing each year's debt to last year's debt. That's because the budget deficit, as reported in each year's budget, does not include the amount owed to the Social Security Fund. However, this is a debt that will need to be repaid one day, and so the amount borrowed from it is a more accurate description of each year's government liabilities than the reported budget deficit. (Source: St. Louise Federal Reserve, Deficit, Debts and Trust Funds, August 2006)

Second, the interest on the debt is added to the deficit each year. About 5% of the budget is allocated to debt interest payments. Interest on the debt hit a record in FY 2011, reaching $454 billion. This beat its prior record of $451 billion in FY 2008 -- despite lower interest rates. By the FY 2013 budget, the interest payment dropped to $248 billion, as interest rates fell to a 200-year low. However, as the economy improves, interest rates will rise, probably by 2014. As a result, interest on the debt is projected to quadruple to $850 billion by FY 2021, making it the fourth largest budget item. (See Budget Spending)

Third, the debt can decrease tax revenue in the long run. This would further increasing the deficit. As the debt continues to grow, creditors can become concerned about how the U.S. government plans to repay it. Over time, these creditors will expect higher interest payments to provide a greater return for their increased perceived risk. Higher interest costs dampen economic growth.

How Does the Deficit and Debt Affect the Economy?:

Initially, deficit spending and the resultant debt can increase economic growth. This is especially true in arecession. That's because deficit spending pumpsliquidity into the economy. Whether the money goes to jet fighters, bridges or education, it ramps up production and creates jobs. However, not every dollar creates the same number of jobs. In fact, military spending creates 8,555 jobs for every billion dollars spent. This is less than half the jobs created by that same billion spent on construction. For more, see Unemployment Solutions.

In the long run, the resultant debt is very damaging to the economy, and not only because of higher interest rates. The U.S. government may be tempted to let the value of the dollar fall so that the debt repayment will be in cheaper dollars, and less expensive. As this happens, foreign governments and investors will be less willing to buy Treasury bonds, forcing interest rates even higher.

The greatest danger comes from the debt to Social Security. As this debt comes due when Baby Boomers retire, funds will need to found to pay them. Not only could taxes be raised, which would slow the economy, but the loan from the Social Security Trust Fund will stop. More and more of the government's spending will need to be devoted to pay this mandatory cost. This would provide less stimulation, and could further slow the economy. (Article updated April 10, 2013)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit