Do You Regard President Obama In The Same Way As You Did BEFORE The Election?

by minimus 122 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria

So exactly what makes him the "worst" prez Min?

It's easy to say, but how about some details?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Where's my goddamned Michael Jackson eating popcorn meme when I need it?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Obama has played 186 rounds of golf so far. Bush, on the other hand, only played 24 rounds of golf.

Obama has played no games of Candyland. Bush played at least a game per week while in the White House. Hey, can't knock the prezzes for a little R & R.

• kaik
    kaik

I was never disapointed with Obama, because I see him as a politician. I do not see him as savior. He just know how to talk nicely. He is paid by political influences as anyone else. There are several issues I disagree with him:

1. Federal deficit needs to be addressed. Deficit is getting better in the relative size of the economy, but its needs to go bellow 60%
    2. Have done very little into long term investment into the economy like space program, nanotechnology, medical science, defense and communication. With shrinking NASA budget and lack of new high tech labs that drove USA science program in the past, economy will suffer
    3. He needs to address welfare. While many poor people depend of the handouts and are really necessary in many cases, USA cannot affort to have millions and millions of people who do not contribute to the country in the form of taxes and only milk the system. This have to be done on the long run so people do not suffer with cut services as did in NC..
    4. Needs to move some bases from Germany and UK into Eastern Europe where they are welcomed. Bush and Obama cancelled many vital NATO projects and undermined readiness of it.
  • JeffT
    JeffT

Median Household income Adjusted for inflation 1980: $46995

Median Household income Adjusted for inflation 1992 $49,122

Median Household income Adjusted for inflation 2008 $53,644

Median Household income Adjusted for inflation 2012 $51,017

http://www.davemanuel.com/median-household-income.php

To be fair, the best was Bill Clinton, although I suspect a lot of the boom time was fueled by the dotcom boom. Makes me wish we'd elected Hilary in 2008. I think she'd have a better handle on problems like ISIS and Ukraine as well.

• designs
    designs

How would Hillary have handled ISIS and the loss of Crimea in the Ukraine.

• designs
    designs

Senator John McCain and former press secretary Jim Carney got into it last night on CNN. McCain made the case that 'if only the US had kept an army in Iraq we would not see ISIS today'. Carney was shouted down for making the case that it is not that simple.

Maybe Hillary would have kept the US Army in Iraq, which the Iraqis hate, who wouldn't its baby-sitting. McCain would have had the Air Force and Army in Syria two years ago had he been President.

'you cannot kill your way to peace' to paraphrase Imran Khan.

Now with a coalition the US and Europe powers are going back to fight in an ongoing 1400 year old conflict between Sunni and Shi'ite factions.

• minimus
    minimus

If they maintained US troops in Iraq there would not be the ISIS that exists right now.

• designs
    designs

The men who run ISIS today were the hate filled trained kids of earlier terrorist groups.

These groups, recently coalesced, are part of a 1400 year old conflict between Sunni and Shi'ite tribal factions.

Outside forces simply baby-sit them for a while. Until they can settle their differences no outside occupying force will have any success.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit