Proof of Noah's Flood - Presently watching a Documentary about Europe & the Ice Age

by *lost* 170 Replies latest watchtower bible

• *lost*
    *lost*

It is not a case of being a flood believer, or God believer as you athesit so succintly put your arguement, all of the time, then ricicule everyone else, therfore stifling discussion, gosh, watch out, the wt lurkers might think ye are demon princes, just as wt says.

Oh, you want to talk about the flood story. Which is how many thousands of years old and is ingrained in the cultures, stories and traditions of how many countries around the world.

Ah now, we are educated scientists, and what we say goes, if you don't agree with us, or dare to express or share or discuss your thoughts or potrential beliefs on a Biblical subject, hell no, we can't possibly have people trying to rescue some remnant of faith and humanity and belief that there may be more to this story, or myth, can't have that now, us atheists have to make robots of everybody and force them to join us.

Kinda sounds like a cult does't it.

Cofty,

Biogeography

In your own words, give us a little bit of chat about biogeography, in your own words, without copy and pasting or using links.

In your own words, dumb it right down for us uneducated 'amhorites', so that we may be able to train our minds and brains and hopefully elevate ourselves to your higher echelons of advanced knowledge, as you seem to 'know all' about everything.

So educate us.

What is biogeography, and what has it to do with this discussion.

• *lost*
    *lost*

QC got it

• cofty
    cofty

BOTH - You are right I did forget about the opossum. Let me rephrase...

Imagine all the hundreds of species of marsupials and monotremes living around Ararat along with the millions of other species of animals after the flood. At some point some humans takes every single one of those marsupials (apart from the opossum) to Australia thousands and thousands of miles away and not one of them died and left any remains anywhere else in the world (apart from the opossum) . Why did not a single placental species make it to Australia?

Multiply this dilemma thousands and thousands of times to explain all the other creatures that live only in specific locations.

Why did all the penguins head south and not a single pair go to the Arctic?

There are 37 species of lemur and every one is found only on the island of Madagascar. Not one lives anywhere else and no monkeys live in Madagascar. Why?

Why do all fossils first appear in the fossil record in a way that is 100% predictable and totally inconsistent with a deluge?

Why do American Christians hate science so much?

Why are people who believe in this sort of myth never intellectually honest enough to deal with simple questions?

Fossils of sea creatures at the top of mountains is exactly what geology predicts and is evidence of millions of years of plate tectonics.

A fascinating example is just up the road from where I live, its called Siccar point.

Here is something I wrote earlier...

Scottish geologist, James Hutton deserves to be remembered for his contribution to science just as much as Darwin.

In 1785 he published his "Theory of the earth" and presented it to a skeptical audience of the Royal Society of Edinburgh. Shockingly he claimed that rock formations had been laid down gradually under the sea over millions of years and then raised up above sea level by geological forces.

Undaunted by his unenthusiastic reception Hutton went on a tour to find physical evidence to prove his theory. In 1788 he and his friend John Playfair took a boat trip down the Berwickshire coast in south east Scotland where he came across a location called Siccar Point that has become a mecca for geologists. He found a rock formation called an unconformity consisting of a vertical section of older rock known as Greywacke below horizontal layers of younger red sandstone. It was the holy grail he had been searching for. Clearly the lower layers had been layed down first and then turned up on end at some distant time in the past before being eroded and sinking again below the ocean. The sandstone had then been laid on top and the whole thing had once again been lifted up to become visible as they are today. It was the proof he needed, his opponents conceded and Hutton has gone down as the father of modern geology.

Siccar Point is about 30 minutes drive from my house and the land is now owned by a the Drysdale family whose son played football for one of my teams few years ago.I visited it a while ago, it was like visiting geologies "Galapagos Islands" You can see the formation in the picture below.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You're welcome.

Interesting observation about marsupials outside Australia.

Slimboyfat saves the day. I like that!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Cofty - Geological evidence is one I can't understand dismissing. You would be amazed how some otherwise intelligent and successful people can choose to not see the evidence. I work with a very smart man who is very successful in his career and will retire early. He believes the earth is really 6,000 years old and "that god could make it look older if he wanted to, we can't understand why god chooses to make it appear older".

• mP
    mP

Why do people make up rediculous exaggerations to make noah true ?

Everybody knows you cant fit all the animals, bugs and all other living creatures with supplies for a few months onto a ship of the size given in the bible. You would need something thousands of times bigger. most zoos today are much bigger than noahs ark and everybody knows they hold less than a tiny fraction of 1%. those zoos wouldnt even survive without food supplies for a month. the figures just dont add up. its utterly stupid to think its true.

• Comatose
    Comatose

AND... The reasoning that god could feed them or use miracles with the animals is not logical. Why? Well if god used a miracle then the ark itself was unneeded as a miracle could have just saved them. You don't have someone spend 40 yrs building a unseaworthy box just so you can miraculously make it not sink. Also, the bible account says god felt regret for making even the animals. Why? That's dumb. In the bibles account god says to Noah that ONLY he and his family will be saved and makes a covenant with him to this effect. So there was no preaching. God even set the dimensions of the ark. So there was no room for more people who might have changed mind. It is not logical to think that out of millions only four men were good. Well... Nothing about the flood is logical.

• cofty
    cofty

I find willful ignorance to be so hypocritical. People type on their computers using satellite connections that they know better than all the scientific evidence - which invariably they have never studied.

It's like somebody preaching about vegetarianism and animal rights while munching a hamburger.

See Lost's post above for the sort of anti-science rant I am referring to.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Anyone can learn so-called facts and stuff. Unlearning everything you think you know, that's what takes intelligence.

• cofty
    cofty

"So-called facts" as opposed to....................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit