Proof of Noah's Flood - Presently watching a Documentary about Europe & the Ice Age

by *lost* 170 Replies latest watchtower bible

• QC
    QC

Batman & Robin

In today's world ignorance is a choice.

Your self-honesty about choice to be on the wrong side is admirable.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Interesting topic. For what it is worth here is my 2 cents worth. If the flood did happen or not is a debate that will never end, there is proof, there is no proof. Here is proof, there is proof. With every puff of the wind this topic is tossed about. Fact: If mankind has a common ancestor that evolved from the pool of life or was created by God, than the one language that our common ancestor spoke would still be spoken today. There would have been NO reason to develop any other language. But language changed after the so called flood. Even If our common ancestor migrated over land masses, clothing would have changed, weapons perhaps changed, housing would have changed, trade goods would have changed, but not languages. There would have been NO reason for such a change!! Fact: If you choose to believe the bible or not, It does exist, If you choose to ignore it, that's fine, when every culture past and present has a global deluge account than there has to be something to it. I do not feel a story such as this, with its enduring tenacity can easily be ignored. I will agree that as a religious culture (Christianity) that the flood account will and has held people captive to the concept that if we do not listen to them, God will KILL us as he did back then. Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

If we buy the flood mythology, how did the kangaroos get to Australia?

• cofty
    cofty
    the one language that our common ancestor spoke would still be spoken today. There would have been NO reason to develop any other language.

People don't set out to develop a different language, it just happens slowly and imperceptibly.

I live on a modestly sized country estate in a rural part of Northumberland. I know that it was owned by a Sir Robert De Manners in the mid 16th Century. If I could go back in time and listen to those people I probably wouldn't understand a word of it even though it was still technically English.

I could take you to up the Coquet valley above Rothbury today and you would not get a fraction of what the locals were saying.

The evolution of language and the language family tree is powerful proof against the flood - Tower of Babel myths.

There is no debate. There was no flood, no Adam and Eve, no fall from perfection, no confusing of languages, no creation.

It's fine if people want to believe in a god but there is no excuse for failing to align your beliefs with reality.

If you beleive in a flood how do account for biogeography? For example how do you account for all the marsupials in the Southern Hemisphere?

Why do all fossils first appear in the fossil record in a way that is 100% predictable and totally inconsistant with a deluge?

Why do American Christians hate science so much?

Why are people who believe in this sort of myth never intellectually honest enough to deal with simple questions?

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

William Penwell:

How did elephants and kangaroos get to the Americas? Lions and Tigers, monkeys for that fact. At some point in history, man moved them.

It was part of acient trading.

• cofty
    cofty

I do hope you are not serious.

Just in case you are...

Imagine all the hundreds of sepcies of marsupials and monotremes living around Ararat along with the millions of other species of animals after the flood. At some point some humans takes every single one of those marsupials to Australia thousands and thousands of miles away and not one of them died and left any remains anywhere else in the world. Why did not a single placental species make it to Australia?

Multiply this dillemma thousands and thousands of times to explain all the other creatures that live only in specific locations.

Why did all the penguins head south and not a single apir go to the Arctic?

There are 37 species of lemur and every one is found only on the island of Madagascar. Not one lives anywhere else and no monkeys live in Madagascar. Why?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There is no other side.

That's you positivists all over!

"No one else is worth listening to. Me, I have the final say. That's it, end of story."

• cofty
    cofty

Anybody who comes bearing evidence is worth listening to. Anybody who comes telling entertaining stories is worth listening to.

People who make evidence-free assertions that contradict the evidence and who ignore reasonable questions do not deserve to be taken seriously.

When you are ready to affirm the earth is not flat let me know.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Are you seriously saying that it can never be useful to talk about the earth as flat? Ridiculous! The earth is flat on a football pitch for example. You and your silly rigid stories.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Cofty would you describe yourself as a positivist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit