Proof of Noah's Flood - Presently watching a Documentary about Europe & the Ice Age

by *lost* 170 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Comatose
    Comatose

Lost is pretty dim witted.

Cofty pit up a picture of the rocks he lives by and has visited. Those rocks show layers and speak to the question you asked him. Lost can't understand or figure out simple things though... She would need it spelled out for a 6th grader.

I would really like it if Lost stopped asking for questions to be answered and did her own research. But, DON'T share your research with us Lost. Just enjoy the wisdom that the strange websites you visit provide (without sharing).

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

cofty: Interesting how one little animal made you change your post. ALMOST. See, like science, and your post, it is as only as good as the one interperting data available., or the one PAYING to have it changed. Viruses are mutating, and vaccines that once worked no longer work. THE SCIENCE HAS TO CHANGE!!!..

Your statement regarding the fossil record being predictable on mountain tops can also be toppled. But I choose not to do that, for you see, I already did that.. Remember I said I am a experimental archaeologist and have been for 25 years.

Not one time has any poster ( perhaps I did miss it) mention the water canopy above the earth. Now, before anyone says," NO PROOF" science has discovered other planets in our own galaxy that do have water canopies, and also have proof planets do vibrate and put off a harmonic. Like I said Cofty, I do love science.

Back to the water canopy. If you believe the flood account or not, I dont care. But If such a canopy did exist (as the Bible states) and in one day it collapsed and the outerspace radiation entered the earths atmosphere then radiocarbon dating is flawed. Example to think about. When an item has been sitting on the ocean floor for centuries, what happens when it reaches the surface? Correct, it immediately starts to deteriorate and disintigrates. That is why said item is captured with the water it is found in. You do not have to be a scientist to comprehend this FACT!!!!!

Every arguement regarding the flood I have come across, this point is overlooked. HOW MUCH did the flood of radiation change how we read or interpret said readings. Fact: even volcanos can change radiocarbon dating. That is WHY scientist have to keep finding better ways to accurately age the planet and other items, because even they know they are not accurate.

affectionately: Brother of the Hawk

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Ok. Brother of the Hawk - when did the flood happen (in your expert opinion)? I imagine that even as an 'experimental' archeologist you do realize that nobody even suspected the existence of the Sumerians until about 1850?

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Fade toBlack: Do you understand what a experimental archaeologistis? I need to ask to besure you know what a experimental archaeologist is.

When In my post did I ever say I was an expert? But now that I have changed the paramiters if this discussion, i.e. the water canopy you choose to attack me. To quote your (in you expert opinion)

If you truly want an answer to your question, ask nicely!

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more forever)

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

If there was a water canopy large enough to flood to the top of the highest mountains how the hell did the sun shine through it? How did they see stars?

More importantly wouldn't it have been like a billion degrees on the earth if it was surrounded by a thick layer of water / mist. It must have been hunid as a bitch

*****edit*****

Also in the account it says God created the rainbow as a sign that he would never destroy the earth by flood again.

So there was no refraction of light prior to the flood. I can make a rainbow myself witha garden hose or spitting water out of my mouth in a mist on a sunny day.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@BOTH: Ok. I am asking nicely. Please tell me when you think this flood occurred. My apologies if I offended you in some way. I am only asking becaues according to the WTS, Abraham left Ur around 1975BC (I will check date in WT lib and correct later if necessary). If the flood occurred in 2370BC, following WT logic the incident at the tower of babel may have occurred 180 years later. That doesn't leave a lot of time for either Egyptian or Sumerian history to have developed. Granted, Sumerian history is pretty sketchy, but it is awfully hard to squeeze 1000 years into 180. I may not know exactly when my great-great-granfather died, but I am pretty sure it wasn't last year.

On a related note, could you comment on when you think the great pyramids were built and by whom?

• adamah
    adamah

Brother of a Hawk-

Back to the water canopy. If you believe the flood account or not, I dont care. But If such a canopy did exist (as the Bible states) and in one day it collapsed and the outerspace radiation entered the earths atmosphere then radiocarbon dating is flawed.

Wouldn't the "water canopy" (I presume you're referring to the "great storehouses of water", right below Heaven) be supported by the firmament (Hebrew, 'raqia', the firm metallic half-dome that covers the Earth, the structure to which the Sun, Moon and Stars are attached underneath)?

You don't actually still BELIEVE in long-disproven Hebrew views of cosmology, do you?

Adam

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

confusedandalone: I can see from your comments "billion degrees" "humid as a bitch" any reply you are given from any Poster, is pointless, and a waist of time.

BTW also in your comment, if you re-read that account, and IF you choose to believe it or not, as I said earlier I DON'T CARE!!!!!!! But you for got to mention the fountians in the earth bursting forth. So add to your evaporation sarcasm!

And this, you question the account as not happening, and then say "GOD created the rainbow as a sign that he would never destroy the earth by flood again." Do you fully comprehend what you just did?? in one breath you imply the flood did not happen then you acknowledge God created the rainbow. Nice choice of words "Created" LOL

I'm done

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I just wanted to add: I am not attacking or trying to belittle BOTH's ideas. I am very happy that we can discuss topics here and disagree - unlike at the WT meetings where you must agree. I'd rather have a discussion with someone who believes in Spiders from Mars, than sit thru another WT 'study'.

As an aside: I suggested to my wife that she ask a contrary question or state that she had a different opinion regarding what was stated in the WT and see what happens. So far, she hasn't taken me up on the offer. I'm hoping for another Flood study soon.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

@brother I think you missed the point entirely. Sarcasm has also escaped you. First off as I am sure you are well aware that by stating billions of degrees and humid as a bitch it is apparent that I would mean it would be to hot and humid for humans to live there. I am sure you are fully aware of what I meant but it suits you to avoid the point that was made. shame on you

I also never said I believed the flood happened. It is apparent that I do not. How old are you? I am thinking that you have reach an age at which your ability to fully grasp things is diminishing... I could be wrong though.

(Can I also multiple exclamtion points like its 2001 and I have just discovered how to make others see I am shocked over the internetz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111)

In conclusion, yes you are done. You have just surrendered your mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit