Proof of Noah's Flood - Presently watching a Documentary about Europe & the Ice Age

by *lost* 170 Replies latest watchtower bible

• *lost*
    *lost*

thank you steve

it's just the same old same old thing here with the atheists.

bashing anyone who wants to try and have a 'decent' conversation about these things.

IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT YOU READ PEOPLE, NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO READ IT. WALK ON BY.

AT LEAST HAVE MANNERS AND BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.

• steve2
    steve2

Mind you, sometimes it's a close call deciding what to respond to because athiests are no different to anyone else. My partner is an athiest and a more loving considerate man you wouldn't find. I myself describe myself as an agnostic who has enormous respect for anyone who is courageous enough to consider other points of view.

You can find considered discourse in as many people and beliefs as its opposite. Religious people are superb at making fun of what people in other religions believe. Sarcasm and disrespect are not the preserve of any one group. But yes you are fully entitled to express your views on this forum and provided no rules are broken all power to you. BTW, it is not only athiests who consider the Noachian flood a local one; many Christians do too.

• St George of England
    St George of England

It's true - they wouldn't put it in the paper if it wasn't!

George

• cofty
    cofty
    bashing anyone who wants to try and have a 'decent' conversation about these things.

We can't have a conversation unless you say something.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ha Ha Just saw that website Charilko posted. I needed a laugh!

• steve2
    steve2
    Ha Ha Just saw that website Charilko posted. I needed a laugh!

A website that has not been updated since 2003 would not appear to have much of worth to add to this discussion - although some of the man's claims are so far out there laughter does seem like a very healthy response.

• *lost*
    *lost*

steve - sorry if I sounded snappy, going through a really bad time with ex at moment

(God will it ever end) so, emotions are a bit all over the place.

I didn't mean anything negative towards athesist in general, just a few here that like the hubris,

and try and show off how intelligent they think are now, they have spent years reading books and formulating their own opinions,

then expecting everyone to know the same and agree. And if not, they get ridiculed.

Funny thing is. they know they are doing it, it has been discussed many times, heck, Simon even deicated a thread to it.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

So I gather people are not believers of the flood story.

I believe in the flood.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Lost

I believe in the bible and enjoy anything about the flood. Did not see this documentary.

To be honest with you the bible is proof enough that the flood happened but I am a faithful believer. Most archeologists and historians are not going to close the door on the possibilities. Most scientist probably would not say it did not happen even if they were atheist because there no evidence one way or the other just questions and theories.

I think I would enjoy watching this documentary to watch for the Dr. comments.

Good and

Thanks!

• steve2
    steve2
    I didn't mean anything negative towards athesist in general, just a few here that like the hubris,

Hey that's cool lost. I understand how annoying it can be to start a thread and find it has taken off in an unexpected -and unwanted - direction. I've seen it happen with many different threads, with all kinds of "belief-sets" such as when a fundamentalist Christian 'breaks' into a thread that has no direct bearing on the topic and hammers their beliefs. Kind of like, "Yes, we get the point - it's just that we don't share your particular views or enthusiasm - now can we get back on topic?" And yes, some posters who identify themselves as athiests or non-believers in Christianity are like the mirror image of fundamentalists who won't or cannot get the fact that they've well made their point. If I am totally honest, I suspect that I myself may have come across from time to time as irksome. Confession is good for the soul - or so I'm told! Best, steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit