Proof of Noah's Flood - Presently watching a Documentary about Europe & the Ice Age

by *lost* 170 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

Perry:

Even if the world was covered in water, the land would have been salted and ruined. Nothing would grow for a long long time, and Noah and the animals would have died because the entire food chain would have collapsed because there would be nothing green to eat or growing.

You can easily try this yourself, get a large bag of salt, and mix it into your backyard and then try and grow a few tomatoes or anything else, and lets how far you get.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

mp, nice trick. Before anything will begin to grow the next rain storm will have washed your experiment away. Life will grow, even on the side of sheer rock cliffs.

Perry, nice picture, clouds area a water canopy. It is a very real living cycle of the earth. Does anyone know how a evaporative cooler works?

And also explain how much water pressure would it take to turn a carbonbased life form and also how long under such pressure to turn it completely to stone? I am referring to the petrified trees in Arizona. To the best of my knowldege, trees have always grown on land. There is only one force of nature I can think of that would turn a living tree or a sea shell to stone. If anyone can figure the pressure involved and the depth of water it would take to do this, I would love to hear it.

Cofty. I have not answered your question because I fail to see how it relates to the OP. I will agree the Earth is very old, Millions even billions, I have no problem with that.

• Comatose
    Comatose

You realize fossils don't form just due to water right?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Does anyone know how a evaporative cooler works?

Yes I do - your point being?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think the point I made about Kings Lomatia was lost on the Fundie-believer type. This plant is actually 40,000 years old, it does not produce seeds, it propagtes itself by "planting" a stem in the ground, the plant that lives today, is the original plant ! still alive ! it cannot live for even a few months in heavily salted water.

It would not exist today if it had been thus submerged any time in the last 40,000 years.

End of the Bible Flood story. Unless it is an allegory/parable, in which case, what was the point of the story ?

• mP
    mP

Brother"

mp, nice trick. Before anything will begin to grow the next rain storm will have washed your experiment away. Life will grow, even on the side of sheer rock cliffs.

MP:

Remember you have to salt the ground on a level comparable to the salt left away when you have 8km of sea water above it. Given salt is over 1% of the content of sea water, that would mean crusts tens of meters thick or maybe more. It will have to rain for thousands of years to wash away that much salt.

• cantleave
    cantleave

How long would it take to desalinate all that contaminated fresh water? I think we have new contestant for ignoramous of the year ....

Brother of the Hawk - here's your medal!

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

BUT GOD TOOK ALL THE SALT OUT OF THE FRESH WATER... EVERYWHAREZ

• mP
    mP

@confused

So why did he leave the oceans alone ? And why is the dead sea still salty ?

:)

• clarity
    clarity

What about that ark sitting up so high ....

15 cubits above the tallest mountain!!

Seems to me, that as it rained & the torrents & flooding would start

gorging land away, making hills into mountains, those so called "hills'

would now be quite high by the time the rain stopped!

Problem .... Noah & all on board ... would freeze or die

from lack of oxygen!

Just saying..........

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit