Proof of Noah's Flood - Presently watching a Documentary about Europe & the Ice Age

by *lost* 170 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

You won't even accept the everyday meaning of the word "flat" in relation to the shape of planet earth but you expect me to accept or reject a philosophical label.

We are discussing the foolishness of accepting a Bronze-Age myth in the face of insurmountable evidence to the contrary.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You never said you were talking about the planet. Flat is probably not the most useful description on that score. But then all others are also approximations. I think that's a good way of putting it.

About positivism, I just wonder if you agree with its central idea that only science can produce reliable knowledge?

• cofty
    cofty
    You never said you were talking about the planet.

Yes that was 100% clear in the context. I said to somebody that the fact of evolution was as certain as the fact that the earth is not flat. You joined the thread at that point to object with some esoteric philosophical ramblings.

Science is a method for discovering what it true. Is it the only method? I don't know maybe you could come up with examples where it isn't. We are talking about the global flood. Evidence that was obtained by the scientific method shows beyond any sensible dispute it didn't happen. Opinions to the contrary are irrelevant.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Who said the earth is flat? You can argue about anything, but at the end of the day you are always right.

• cofty
    cofty

No I'm not always right but I do try to limit what I say to things I can fully explain in my own words with ample evidence.

If that irritates people who prefer to make groundless religious assertions and who think that copy-paste is the same as answering a question then too bad.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Nothing is 100% clear in any context. Everything is open to interpretation as it is to misunderstanding.

• cofty
    cofty

The earth is not flat. When you are ready to affirm that unequivocally let me know.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Why? What is the earth in your view?

• Comatose
    Comatose

lol... SBF saves the day. Just when the flood believers were losing he wades into the fray arguing over the unintended meanings of words.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Slimboyfat: I thank you very kindly.

Cofty: take notes, I'm about to drop some knowledge.

These words are yours not mine. " There is no debate" to quote you. "Why are all the marsuapials in the southern hemisphere?"

BOTH: They are not ALL in the southern hemisphere, the North American OPOSSOM lives in the U.S.A. and in Canada. So your comment is flawed. End of debate.

Cofty: These are your words "the fossle record is 100% predictable and are inconsistant with the deluge."

BOTH: I lived in a state in the U.S.A. and at 7ooo plus feet, My family and I constistantly found sea dwelling creatures fossilized. Yes, sea shells at 7000 plus feet. Which shows at one time that mountain was under water. She posted the pictures on another thread. So your comment is flawed. End of debate.

Cofty: These words are yours not mine. " Why do Americans hate science so much?"

BOTH: I cannot speak for all Americans, but this American who is an experimental archaeologist has learned that interpretation is only as good as the next piece of evidence, science included. Scientifically explain the Duckbill Platypus. Just so that you are clear. This American does not hate science. So your comment is flawed. End of debate.

Archaeology has found what they think is the Tower of Bable. The scientific evidence you so need is not there, because no one specifically wrote on any corner stone " This shall be called the Tower of Bable" Get my point, Cofty. But you cannot deni the existance of Babylon. You know, one of the 7 wounder of the world. Not everything in life is about science. Archaeology has and will play a big part in our quest for knowledge.

Affectionatley: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever) and that also includes you Cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit