The Outing of Faders, and the Epilogue of Sic Semper Tyrannis

by zed is dead 298 Replies latest members private

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Zed, UnConfused, I might start a thread on my relentless training as an elder and ask others to share theirs. All those meetings with the C.O. and special sessions to write in the margins of the Elder Manual (Flock book). All that to first show mercy and to put the individual's spirituality ahead of all else. And endless hours of being told what is acceptable evidence.

If you guys will stop laughing at my joke above, I can seriously say its not worth it's own thread. The training on so many matters was to figure it out from the flock book or call 'Mother.'

We were told to stop saying "When in doubt, err on the side of mercy" and switch to "Do not err." Then we were given scenarios and taught to make snap judgements of them where we were led to say DF was the right answer. (Oh, but pray over your actual cases before deciding to DF.)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Remember Ray Franz? His JC (alledgedly, as others might say it sounds contrived) retroactively applied a new rule and went on hearsay.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Marvin...for what purpose do you think someone would do this? What do you think they hope to get out of it?”

There’s lots of reasons people contrive things. One is to add support to something they want others to embrace.

“Do you honestly think his story is impossible? Why?”

I’ve not said the story is impossible. It’s possible that three elders who never graduated grammar school heard and decided the case. But I don’t assess the veracity of a claim used as accusation based on what is possible.

“And why are you not putting ANY effort into finding out why it took AAwa SO long to remove the offending fb page. THAT seemed odd to me and somewhat 'contrived'. They were adamant about it...regardless of how people kept warning them and warning them that this could harm people….”

You presume a great deal, and you’re wrong.

When all that crap was going down I spent an enormous amount of time trying to assess what was going on and advise accordingly. That whole thing should never have happened. When it did happen it should have been undone immediately. When it wasn’t undone immediately it was inexcusable. This demanded an apology on top of finally undoing what should never have been done and should have been undone much sooner than it was. At the time my efforts were placed where I thought they would have the most impact and the most immediate impact. I went directly to the source as close as I could and pressed, and pressed and pressed.

still thinking,

Please don’t misread my directness. Your questions of me are honest and understandable. My response is not to suggest otherwise. I’m happy to answer.

Marvin Shilmer

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

UC, if you didn't even understand the FB issue until tlluterally yesterday, do you suppose you could make me now believe that you pressed directly at the source for immediate impact?

When You stop laughing, tell us more about what makes a troll.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That was "literally yesterday."

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

OTWO,

I guess Marvin has a new topic for his blog, about how Ray Franz couldn't have been disfellowshipped!

zed

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Zed, I almost choked on my coffee laughing at that.

Love ya, brother. Keep up the fine fight.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I'm not offended Marvin...Just asking

When all that crap was going down I spent an enormous amount of time trying to assess what was going on and advise accordingly. That whole thing should never have happened. When it did happen it should have been undone immediately. When it wasn’t undone immediately it was inexcusable. This demanded an apology on top of finally undoing what should never have been done and should have been undone much sooner than it was.

So WHY did you think it should have been undone IMMEDIATELY? If not to protect people from what SST has claimed happened to him? Did you have some other reason for thinking it should have been done immediately?

This is what people were saying from the very beginning. People will be harmed if they don't take down that page immediatly. And people have been harmed. Why do you find that so difficult to acknowledge?

I understand you like to gather all the facts. But what evidence would it take for you to believe what SST has claimed?

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Marvin pressing BXBB about the outing issue? More like the way O.J. Simpson was searching for Nicole's killer from golf course to golf course.

zed

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

OTWO " UC, if you didn't even understand the FB issue until tlluterally yesterday, do you suppose you could make me now believe that you pressed directly at the source for immediate impact?"

That is a great point, thank you for pointing it out.

Marvin Today: " I went directly to the source as close as I could and pressed, and pressed and pressed."

Marvin Yesterday: " When I noticed this I wondered if this is the sort of activity complained of in this discussion that occurred under Cedars’ watch. Does it sound like the same sort of thing? "

Marvin I believe you to be fibbing based on your own words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit