Prayers that God answers. Any examples?

by punkofnice 259 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

If I pray for love and the action of love, what will you achieve if you convince me that my prayer story is bogus?

Imagine what we could achieve as a species if we quit wasting time on prayer.

Having said that, I found that post to be a bit all over the place. What are you trying to say? All you need is love? I don't need God or prayer for that.

Finally, still not a single concrete example of this supposedly common phenomenon.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Feelings and beliefs commit robberys, rapes and war--and amputees
    ??????????????

I think he has said, an atheist. He is also becoming a doctor/surgeon-- a healer-- for the love of humanity.

Religion or disbelief in god has nothing to do whatsoever with being a loving humanitarian.

It's interesting how some people (fundamentalists) make such positive claims about "knowing" god performs miracles and answers prayers, then when someone like myself or EP asks simple questions for evidence proving said claims, the fundies get bent out of shape and begin questioning our motives and character. This, of course, is a diversion to avoid answering the question.

Christopher Hitchens said; "That which can be asserted without evidence, can? be dismissed without evidence".

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

tec:

Have you read the gospels, lol?

Yes, I have. Just the "partial" accounts though. LOL

• tec
    tec

Who is bent out of shape?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    Who is bent out of shape?

I won't give you the answer, but....it starts with "t"

• Glander
    Glander

Mine was.

"Dear Father, Thank you for the brain you gave me to think fairly clearly. Thank you for standing back and leaving your creation alone to make their own mistakes and suffer the consequences without your meddling. You have shown great restraint in allowing catastophic earthquakes, deseases, and storms to decimate thousands of us people. Most of all thank you for not discriminating in your decision to not intercede. You allow those who do not believe in you to exist and to suffer or succeed the same as your devout believers.

Thank you and I ask that you please continue your indifference.

In the name of Dee Dee Kai,

Amen "

so far so good.

• tec
    tec

I won't give you the answer, but....it starts with "t"

Well, it isn't me, love. I'm grinning. Stating the obvious, but grinning.

Yes, I have. Just the "partial" accounts though. LOL

Then you must understand my confusion when you make a statement that faith was never a requirement for miracles... in contrast to what is actually written, that faith IS a requirement, and that without faith, no miracles.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Then you must understand my confusion when you make a statement that faith was never a requirement for miracles... in contrast to what is actually written, that faith IS a requirement, and that without faith, no miracles.

Lot's wife turning into salt, the burning bush. Both miracle, no faith involved.

So, any concrete example of prayer working yet?

• tec
    tec

We were speaking of Christ and the gospels, there, EP.

Those aren't really 'miracles', but that should be another thread, or this one will really go off the rails.

What do you guys consider to be a concrete example of prayer? (I'm assuming this thread is actually about prayer... not another evidence for God thread?)

Peace,

tammy

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

ADCMS: Additionally, faith was not even a pre-requisite for him to perform miracles.

---

I didn't say "never". I said it was not a pre-requisite.

tec, in the "partial" account describing when Jesus calmed the storm: that was done as a direct result of his apostle's display of complete lack of faith-but Jesus performed the miracle anyway.

When Jesus walked on water, Peter sank due to a lack of faith- but Jesus performed the miracle anyway.

In the "partial" account of the resurrection of Lazarus: he was dead. No way for a dead man to display faith- but Jesus performed the miracle anyway.

He healed people from afar that he'd never met. He had no idea if that individual had faith or not- but he performed the miracle anyway.

Turning water into wine: Nowhere does the account say all the wedding guests had faith in Jesus- but he performed the miracle anyway.

Feeding the 5,000 with fishes and loaves: no where in the account does it say all in the audience put faith in him- but he performed the miracle anyway.

Or, maybe they all really did put faith in him; but, being that they are only "partial" accounts, those details were no doubt left out.

Have you read the gospels, tec?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit