Prayers that God answers. Any examples?

by punkofnice 259 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

God hates amputees - it's a well known fact.

Have you noticed the world with Tammy's sort of god looks precisely like a world with no god.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

We were speaking of Christ and the gospels, there, EP.

You were talking about miracles. My examples are valid.

What do you guys consider to be a concrete example of prayer?

God healing an amputee.

Have you noticed the world with Tammy's sort of god looks precisely like a world with no god.

Indeed. Quite curious, isn't it?

• tec
    tec

I didn't say "never". I said it was not a pre-requisite.

Yes, something that is contradicted by Christ being unable to perform many miracles in a place that had little faith.

tec, in the "partial" account describing when Jesus calmed the storm: that was done as a direct result of his apostle's display of complete lack of faith-but Jesus performed the miracle anyway.

Yes, their lack of faith in God, thinking that God would allow them to drown when He had work for them to do, and that all He had said regarding His Son would come to pass... rather than allow a storm to thwart that.

They woke Christ up TO help them, meaning they DID have faith in Him.

The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord save us! We're going to drown!"

When Jesus walked on water, Peter sank due to a lack of faith- but Jesus performed the miracle anyway.

I'm not sure what you think you see here.

Christ DID have faith, so of course He could walk on water, or do all the miracles that He did. But some people with no faith, could not be healed, or whatever... due to their lack of faith in that, and in Him.

When Peter showed the same faith, he walked on water. When He began to doubt, he sank.

In the "partial" account of the resurrection of Lazarus: he was dead. No way for a dead man to display faith- but Jesus performed the miracle anyway.

Lazarus also had faith. Doesn't matter if he had died or not. As did Mary, the sister of Lazarus.

He healed people from afar that he'd never met. He had no idea if that individual had faith or not- but he performed the miracle anyway.

Yeah, because the ones asking.... had FAITH. The centurian was praised for his great faith, in knowing that Christ would heal his servant even from afar.

Turning water into wine: Nowhere does the account say all the wedding guests had faith in Jesus- but he performed the miracle anyway.

His mother, who asked Him to do so, certainly had faith.

Feeding the 5,000 with fishes and loaves: no where in the account does it say all in the audience put faith in him- but he performed the miracle anyway.

HE had the faith to do so, and it would seem as though the crowd also had faith that He would feed them. Does it say otherwise in the account? I mean, the very fact that people came in crowds, "bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the dumb, and many others, and laid themat his feet; and he healed them" shows that there was great faith in that crowd.

Have you read the gospels, tec?

I have.

I do think that you misunderstand what I mean when I say they are 'partial'. The accounts are complete (well, as far as we know)... but they do not present the FULL picture of Christ. One even states that there were many more things that Christ said and did, but there is not enough room to write that all down. Never mind all that Christ continued to do after, as the Spirit.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

So are there no amputees today who have enough faith? Not one?

Isn't it odd that god can apparently heal lots of Christians of their sore backs and athletes foot but not one single amputee. What's the difference I wonder?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

it would seem as though the crowd also had faith that He would feed them. Does it say otherwise in the account?

When the gospels don't say what you want, claim it does because it doesn't.

So, any concrete proof that God has answered a single prayer yet?

• Bella15
    Bella15

Prayers answered I think it is something so personal, so deep in your soul, spirit so hard to explain because it is in the spirit that somehow you know your prayers were answered ... sometimes you don't realize it right away, sometimes it takes a few years and then everything fall into place and you realize and go WOW ... also there is peace and love in that realization ... somethings Punkofnice cannot be described only discovered. The sun shines for good and bad people! Colors don't hide their color from "bad" people, remains the same for all of us. There are principles in the universe that apply to all whether we are aware of it or not. A choice is always made wether you give an answer or not. So yes a lot of "answered prayers" is principles at work, but then sometimes there is that small still voice, your own voice in your own spirit that tells you that the extra favor was supernatural, and you know that you know that you wouldn't have gotten that, it is a feeling that not only recognizes the tangible expression of your success but wonders at how good you feel inside, a peace, a joy that you cannot describe and no one can take away. Some people don't believe in prayers answered because they didn't get the car or won the lottery or they loved one didn't make it, were abused, but prayers answered it is more than that, it is at work in every second of our lives if we choose to live like that.

Prayers answered are not to be confused with miracles, blessings, and other works of the Holy Spirit! I have many prayers answered, and my whle life is a blessing now. To tell you the truth I don't want a miracle, the responsibility upon one's shoulder after experiencing a miracle I think it is too great ... what are you going to do after getting a miracle, if it was received within your Christian faith, will you go on and change the world with your testimony, to tell the nations about it! I always pray "GOD, YOUR GRACE IS ENOUGH FOR ME"!

• cofty
    cofty

You have very low expectations for your omnipotent god.

As Woody Allan said, " If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil . But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever ."

• tec
    tec

When the gospels don't say what you want, claim it does because it doesn't.

I was responding to Shirley saying that the account did not say that they DID have faith... because neither does the account say that they did not have faith.

However, the account DOES say that the people had faith... as this is the very reason that they were following Christ to begin with.

Bella, that was well said. (I would suggest, to any who might want to hear... that still small voice may not be your own voice in your own spirit... but rather HIS voice within you; his spirit to your spirit) And yes, prayers and miracles... not necessarily the same thing. You can pray FOR a miracle, but many prayers have nothing to do with miracles.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I was responding to Shirley saying that the account did not say that they DID have faith... because neither does the account say that they did not have faith.

ADCMS was 100% right. You are editorializing to say that because the text doesn't say they didn't have faith, they did. It also doesn't say Elvis wasn't there, that is no way means that he was.

So, no concrete examples of prayer yet?

• tec
    tec

Another example of prayer, are those that have been answered, but we do not yet see the result of that answer.

A person may pray to know the truth... and be led to Christ. That might not happen all at once, but in the time that God knows is right. Or even in the time where the person so praying can HEAR their prayer be answered.

I have spent a great amount of my time worrying about a loved one.

My Lord has answered me. HE will take care of this loved one, and I can stop worrying, and stop letting that worry impede my faith and anything that may come from my faith. For the longest time, I could not hear His answer, because... well, I was worrying too much. But He sent me a messenger to help me see, he sent me his answer also in dreams. One day I was able to hear Him, and put faith IN what He was telling me.

So while I do not see the end result of that... I know that prayer HAS been answered.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit