Prayers that God answers. Any examples?

by punkofnice 259 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

It was the contrast between the admonition to “seek first the kingdom and all these things will be added to you” and the practical reality that sod all is added to you no matter much you put the kingdom first, or how hard you pray, that caused me to stop pioneering, start doubting and eventually leave it all. No, I cannot give a single example of a prayer being answered. But if someone can, wouldn’t that prove God exists? The only prayers that are 'answered' are they prayers for things that were going to happen anyway.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ultimate Axiom - I agree whole heartedly.

Even when I left the JWs and went to church there was this thing about asking Jesus ANYTHING and he'd supply it.

Poppycock. I had faith that he would as well. So no one can point the 'lack of faith' finger at me. Jesus is either a complete liar or doesn't exist!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

...all the hours I wasted praying....I could have been doing something useful.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I remember one of those "experiences" in the WT, you know, someone was praying and a JW hammers on the door.

This one was about a guy, in Mexico or somewhere, where he was praying because he was devastated by the death of his child, who died because a huge T.V set fell on him. The WT maintained that an Angel sent the JW's to the guy to give him false hope.

I remember thinking when I read this tosh, "Would it not have been better if Jehovah had caused his Angel to catch the Telly, and saved the kids life ?"

When I first left the WT Scam posing as a relgion, I prayed, on my knees,(!), to God and then to Jesus for guidance.

Still waiting for 'em to get back to me, years down the line, won't hold me breath !

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phizzy - Jehovah(TM) is so inconsistant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillelid_murders

These JWs were on their way to a CONvention and Idiot-hovah didn't save them.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I was just praying for Phizzy and and PunkofNice to give me some evidence that God is not listening and LOOK, there it is!

It's a miracle!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

oubliette - .....and my prayers for you were also answered...

• mouthy
    mouthy

None of you want to hear this But you asked & I answered.

He answers my prayers daily.I cant always remember where I have to go. I ask & HE directs.
    I pray for my 7 JWs( daughter ,her kids,their kids,)& it comes to mind that MY GOD doesnt make anyone
    listen to HIM if they dont want to.So no matter how much I pray for her ( them) THEY have to examine
    all & seek for the real truth....Which HE IS THE WAY!TRUTH ,LIFE! JESUS CHRIST!!!
    I can honestly say I am not always able to remember things. You would be surprised how HE turns
    something to fall in my lap & remind me.I know how you all feel "THE OLD MOUTHY HAS GONE NUTS"
    Yes you may be right Thank God he uses nut crackers to open me,,,

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"It is folly for a man to pray to the gods for that which he has the power to obtain by himself" -Epicurus

• humbled
    humbled

God (or whatever heard me) answered a prayer of mine that I prayed for a few years. That event saved my life then and holding on to that experience saved me from dying a JW. It also has forced me to ever so slowly peel off the preconceptions I kept accumulating about God and Jesus, first just a little then after the Witnesses, a LOT. The fear of not having "accurate knowledge" doesn't worry me now. Not knowing the Bible is not a worry either.

Since I know something is there, I shouldn't be afraid to not believe things that I never even knew at the time God helped me.The help I got was when I had no bible knowledge at all.

I'll tell you what happened if you like. It isn't a short story, but since you asked a real question, I'd tell you what happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit