If you were on the Zimmerman jury, how would you vote? 2nd degree murder, manslaughter or innocent?

by UnConfused 314 Replies latest social current

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    No one needed to make the neigboorhood a safe place for Trayvon, they needed to make it a safe place from Trayvon. He doesn't deserve songs and isn't the one who deserves any pity.

The neighborhood needed to be safe for everyone, including Trayvon. All George had to do was stay in his car and drive away and to call 911. He chose to get out of his car. He had a gun. He pulled out that gun and took the life of another human being. I am not giving Trayvon pity. I am saying the very simple thing that would have prevented this entire story: George should have stayed in his car and gotten away from Trayvon. He didn't help the neighborhood by killing a teenager, troubled teenager or not.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The song is for George Zimmerman. It is dedicated to George Zimmerman and anyone like him. I don't feel sorry for George. I understand a neighborhood watch program. I do not understand George's kind of stupidity.

• designs
    designs

FHN- looking at the street map of that neighborhood Zimmerman could have easily stayed in his car and patrolled those blocks. And where was a flashlight, if the streets were that poorly lit.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

As for Trayvon being some kind of thug, here is an article on the subject from the UK Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html

'They killed my son and now they're trying to kill his reputation'

-Sabrina Fulton, Trayvon's mother

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Designs, thank you. It's just simple common sense and logic, isn't it? If he had stayed in his car and driven away, no one would have gotten hurt. George Zimmerman did not use common sense and logic and now a teenager is dead. Doing some reading, the claims that Trayvon was a thug just carry very little evidence. And even if he was a thug, he was 17, armed with only Skittles and would have made it home, very much alive if George had just kept his butt in the seat of his car and driven away.

• Simon
    Simon

He *did* make it home ... then decided to go back and start a fight.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

It is funny just last night at my daughters recital Simon I was pulled over by the police while walking with my son who has a disability. Not because I was abusing him, not because I kidnapped him, not because he came to help me - but because I was walking around the block multiple times to calm my son down.

The police officer said that there were calls that an individual was walking around the neighborhood(which happens to be in Florida and right off a main street) looking around and they just wanted to check things out. As I looked around as he spoke to me there were other peole on the street. I was dressed fairly nice - yet there was a white guy in his 20's with a million tattoos on his neck and arms and his hate turned backwards. No one was in fear of him - but me with a child? He has his flashers on and makes me look like an idiot, just because I was walking around. I took pictures of my surrondings because I was mad and I was going to post it - but I figured hey I would be just another whiney BLACK.

This will probably never happen to you. Happens to me atleast 2 times a year or more.

With this in mind you ask the question of why he didn't call the police. Mnorities have a problem trusting those who traditionally don't trust them. Those who sprayed them with waterhoses and set dogs on them not to long ago for no reason. Police who perform the stop and frisk of 400000 young minorities and tuen up nothing just merely because of what they look like.

Simon you are white, so you probably do not understand that. So why are you saying these things

• designs
    designs

Is this another Zimmerman account, did Martin actually get to his house and greet his parents set his Skittles down or this another- 'he jumped out of the bushes er shadows er er he threw his Skittles at me with great meanness' stuff that occured in the mind of Zimmerman.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    He *did* make it home ... then decided to go back and start a fight.

Do we know that for certain? Even so, Zimmerman should have stayed in his car and gotten distance between himself and the situation while he called 911. If you know you, "Can't throw a punch." Then why get out of your car, around a scary, suspicious character? Makes me think of another song: "Billy, don't be a hero. Don't be a fool with your life."

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

They killed my son and now they're trying to kill his reputation'

-Sabrina Fulton, Trayvon's mother

----

Well, considering there is and never has been any 'they' who killed her son - that is not any sort of common sense statement to make.

Trayvon Martin ruined his own reputation. Nobody did that for him. He did it through the words of his that his own friend Rachel Jeantel told the world he said when he spotted George Zimmerman while Zimmerman was sitting in his car.

Trayvon Martin while walking toward that car, circled the car, stared right at George Zimmerman and told his friend that there was a 'creepy assed cracker'..staring at hiim.

Now - George Zimmerman didn't call Trayvon Martin an...f....n...black....n.....r...- when he was talking all that time to the 911 operator - at that exact moment Trayvon Martin was in fact talking racist trash to his friend.

Who ruined his reputation exactly?

At no time did Zimmerman call Martin anything racist - Martin on the other hand when Jeantel told him to run - said 'no'..and then twice called Zimmerman a 'n....r'. He wasn't running from 'the nig.....r'.

Who ruined his reputation exactly?

It was only after Fulton heard that statement in the courtroom and understood the full thrust of what the rest of the world heard, how her son felt comfortable spewing a bunch of racist crap, that she stood outside immediately afterward and let her lawyer say 'well, heck, this ain't about race and it never has been'.

Sorry - that ship sailed a long time before the trial took place.

Where we come from, being a thug isn't about color - it's about trash talk from wanna be gangsters.

He was a thug. Plain and simple. In his texts he claimed to be a gansta....HE said that. Nobody else.

If anyone defends his actions or his trash talk and claims it's normal - news flash it's not. If you defend it then you condone it. If you condone it even in your own community - you are part of the problem to which the solution will never come. sw

Urban dictionary -

gangsta
    A sociopathic member of the inner-city underclass, known primarily for being antisocial and uneducated. Also known for ready access to illegal drugs and weapons, and staggeringly poor marksmanship. "Yo, this gangsta loses his cheeba out his jeans, an' he thinks somebody snatched it, so he tries to cap my holmes wit a 9 and miss all 10 rounds. Killed two girls in tha' playground, though - that nigga be gang-sta as fuck, yo."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit