If you were on the Zimmerman jury, how would you vote? 2nd degree murder, manslaughter or innocent?

by UnConfused 314 Replies latest social current

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Now - if this was a minor, then shouldn't parents be responsible for minors? Treating them like adults and then claiming when they act in destructive ways that they are a minor is confusing.

It was still early in the evening. Since when do parents have to babysit a 17 year old at home just after supper time?

The only way for him to fight with Zimmerman was for him to go back up the path to where Zimmerman was and confront him. He did that. We know the outcome.

Why wasn't Zimmerman in his car, waiting for police to come and handle the situation? Why wasn't he a very safe distance from this menacing, tall man in a hoodie?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

a guy with deadly force made the mistake of his life.

I wouldn't think of self-defense as a 'mistake'.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

nd seriously? You're going to argue grammar when her son was killed and then people started dragging up any jab they could to try to make George Zimmerman look justified in his over reaction? His over reaction that ended up in the death of a high schooler?

-----

I wasn't poking at grammar - I was being sarcastic. She didn't speak -her lawyer did. He claimed that race wasn't the issue - but ONLY when Martins comments were heard in court and around the world. Before that it was all about race.

I don't care if Martin was in high school. Do you think teenagers don't kill people? If you were coming out of Walmart and were attacked and started fighting for your life, would you stop and say 'wait a minute'...let me look at you - why you're just a teenager - or would you keep fighting to survive?

There are two teens in a center right now in I believe, Georgia. Their crime. Execution style shot to the head of a 13 month old baby while he was in his stroller - his mother doing nothing more than taking him for a walk. One is 15. The little boy was what we now favorably call a white/hispanic. The lawyer for one of the teens claims it is an injustice to keep that boy incarcerated - he loves Tom and Jerry and cartoons and he didn't know what he was doing.

sw
  • designs
    designs

You really are convinced it was self defense then. I hope you are never that trigger happy to kill someone.

• designs
    designs

s- So now you want to equate a murder case and the attorney's comment with this case. You've found your teenage "killer" let's write a Book.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Self defense sometimes takes deadly force if you believe you are going to die.

As for Zimmerman getting out of his car. It was pretty obvious that he stayed on the lit pathway, he didn't follow Martin down the path, he went to see a house number to give to dispatch when asked by 911 to give that location. Pretty simple.

Sorry but you wear a hoodie, you hang around windows, you aren't walking home on the sidewalk - yeah you look suspicious to most people. As I pointed out to someone before, if you don't have any problem with strangers looking in your windows or hanging around your back door in the dark - we can probably get a list of folks who might want to visit.

Getting out of your car isn't against the law. Neither is walking on a sidewalk. Zimmerman didn't assault Martin - Martin attacked Zimmerman. Who broke the law?

You can hypothesize forever - this is about or should be about evidence. The evidence does not point to murder. sw

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

You know designs, I said from the beginning. I followed this from the start trying to keep on point with only evidence.

A great many people here have kept harping on suppositions and theories. None of those are evidence.

You can assault or try and malign me or try and somehow degrade me with some sort of theory you have but you don't know me. At all.

The evidence does not point to murder.

If you want to take up the separate issue of race and gun violence or stand your ground or carry concealed or the neighborhood watch program, that is yours to do - this is about whether or not a man goes to prison for life and whether or not he believed someone was trying to kill him and in having that belief, used deadly force to stop the attack.

Plain and simple. sw

• Simon
    Simon
    You really are convinced it was self defense then. I hope you are never that trigger happy to kill someone.

I don't think it can be described as 'trigger happy'.

If you followed and shot someone? Definitely.

If you were aggresivelty challenged by a stranger? Maybe.

If you were punched to the ground, held down and having your head beaten against concrete in a "ground and pound" manouver by a much larger, younger guy? I don't think so.

If it were me, I'd have pulled the trigger. I suspect most people would have pulled the trigger if they were honest and could look beyond skin color or other issues. You are being attacked and screaming for help and no help is coming? Fire away and don't feel sorry about it.

• designs
    designs

It is about Manslaughter.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

Race could have been the issue. The mother could have changed her opinion. Of course GZ is not going to call someone the N word on the phone with 911.

Maybe Tm was afraid to go home thinking GZ might still have eyes on him. His friend told him to run. He told her he was going to run and GZ said he was running. We know why he was running. He told his friend that the man was following him and was creepy. Sounds like a scared kid to me. Too bad he didn't just go into his house that day. The friend said he told her he lost GZ but maybe he second guessed it. Again, he could have been afraid that GZ was still watching him. We do not know because he is dead. Maybe he decided to walk around and make sure GZ was gone out of site. Who really knows the whole truth.

What about the charges of GZ assaulting a cop and his ex-fiance? Couldn't we paint him as an angry man. He had to do anger management for the charges to be dropped. The jury wasn't allowed to hear this just as they were not allowed to hear about TM's past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit