If you were on the Zimmerman jury, how would you vote? 2nd degree murder, manslaughter or innocent?

by UnConfused 314 Replies latest social current

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

nonjwsouse, with all due respect, it dpends on the case. I work in dependency law and I will tell you there are some pretty crappy/negligent parents in the world.

I keep going back and forth on my opinion in this case. Part of me thinks he should be convicted of manslaughter and part of me thinks he should be aquitted. I don't think he has told the full story but that cannot be proven so I would have to let him walk if I were on the jury.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Just so we all know what the Community Relations Service Does and is:

The Community Relations Service (CRS) is part of the United States Department of Justice. The office is intended as a peacemaker "for community conflicts and tensions arising from differences of race, color, and national origin" and was created by the Civil Rights Act of 1964. [1] [2] [3] Originally under the Department of Commerce it was moved to the Department of Justice by order of President Johnson. [4]

It is "the only Federal agency dedicated to assist State and local units of government, private and public organizations, and community groups with preventing and resolving racial and ethnic tensions, incidents, and civil disorders, and in restoring racial stability and harmony" by employing conciliators.

CRS has no law enforcement authority and does not impose solutions, investigate, prosecute, or assign blame and fault. All CRS mediators are required by law to conduct their activities in confidence, without publicity, and are prohibited from disclosing confidential information.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

guilty

• designs
    designs

Do you think George will suffer nightmares seeing the face of that teenager he shot or will he have that smirk on his face at the memory of that night.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I also know of some pretty crappy parents ( through my work experience as well) , but there have been cases of manslaughter for parents who are otherwise not crappy parents. So, it has happened. A parent who otherwise loves and cares for the child, not abusive, not neglectful otherwie, to be charged with manslaughter, I feel is just over the line.

This case with GZ might be too, if not aquitted. We get the ability to see the court in session , so we see evidence presented, etc...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Law yers are appalled by the politic ization of this case. It never should have been brought. Zimmerman should pay a hefty fine or serve minimal time for playing cop. It would send a signal to all faux cops. If the jury applies the law, he will be free. Criminal law is ill suited for these facts. Juries are not lawyers in British jurisdictions, however. Trayvon Martin,'s parents are the epitome of elegance. They are exceptional. Sadly, Zimmermsn is unlikely to have asset s. Does he write s book for the proceeds to go to the Msrtins? It is not a bad idea.

The j ury does not hsve to find Zimmermsn innocent. The state .never hsd evidence that ee presumed they did. The prosecution witnesses proved Zimmerman's innocence. Juries don't like overcharging. In the rush to placate civil rights lesders, the prosecution became grandiose. Zimmerman msy be guilty of fsr lesser crimes not before the jury. 3rd degree murder illustrsted thst the prosecution was political.

IBad facts and cases make bad law. Why do so many men strive to be fsux cops. The NY police commissioner told me that.the best cops ate hired directly from combst. Modern law enforcement is sophisticsted team work and total control over individual cops. Marshall Dillon would not find a job todsy. I witnessed cops being taunted s nd abused. Feces and urine thrown s t them yet they took it. I would stsrt shooting in their plsce. Cops have great comraderie and strong unions. Injuries are compensated. If you die on duty, several thousand cops from all over the US and Canada pay their respects. A funeral cortege down the block took two hours to pass with no traffic lights.

Police should do their jobs in every neighborhood. Watches would not be necessary. People rightly complain about the Patriot Act yet neighborhood watches raise grave cilil rights issues. They assume thst targets don' know their rights. My business is no one's business. I would report any cop who asked me. Only bb

I

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

If there is any truth in his Hannity interview it seems he just doesn't get it. I would be interested to learn more about his past. I wonder if he was bulllied by "thugs" or thugs as a kid. Some of the social media posts of his makes him look pretty judgemental. I'm not defending thugs or criminal behavior but I also don't condone the way GZ sized up TM, a stranger. Of course he can be suspicious of anyone he wants but his actions led to the death of a kid we have to presume was innocent of whatever no good behavior was in GZ's head that night.

GZ can say whatever he wants now because TM is gone and cannot defend his actions.

• Simon
    Simon
    I dedicate this song to George Zimmerman. George, why couldn't you just have driven to your house and called the police with your suspicions? I hope you understand the gravity of carrying a gun and making bad decisions in your Neighborhood Watch. You didn't make your neighborhood a safe place for Travan

Sorry FlyingHighNow - I have to strongly disagree with that sentiment as I think it's very twisted.

Trayvon was the one making the neighbourhood unsafe. There is lots of evidence that he was involved in robberies, was a thug obsessed with violence and fighting (and apparently, getting weapons) plus he attacked someone who was reporting him to the police.

No one needed to make the neigboorhood a safe place for Trayvon, they needed to make it a safe place from Trayvon. He doesn't deserve songs and isn't the one who deserves any pity.

I think GZ was the initial victim and has since been victimised again by the racists in government and the legal system. His life has been taken from him when he was doing nothing more than being a responsible citizen. Shame on Benjamin Crump for trying to make this about race. Shame on people who made this about "other black people who suffered injustice" as though crucifying GZ does anything for them.

But most of all shame on you Trayvon.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Smartphone trouble. B/c of.my appearance and bearing, cops go out of their way to help me. No one in NY searches my bsgs.it is wrong.

• Laika
    Laika

I think he's guilty and racist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit