If you were on the Zimmerman jury, how would you vote? 2nd degree murder, manslaughter or innocent?

by UnConfused 314 Replies latest social current

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Trayvon Martin,'s parents are the epitome of elegance.

You mean the ones who had no idea where their son was? Who allowed him to roam the neighborhood while on school suspension? Wow, I had no idea that "elegance" involved being shitty parents.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

So laike, you believe if he saw a unrecognised white kid or latin kid doing the exact same thing wearing the exact same thing, and the neighborhood being victimised by the same description, he would NOT do the same thing? Sorry, but I don't agree at all. It's not about the color of skin, it's about the behavior.

I have called the cops when suspecious white kids are roaming around in my neighborhood. Turnes out for good reason. They stole a car recently. Does that make me racist?

• Simon
    Simon
    I'm not defending thugs or criminal behavior ...

standby for defense of thugs and criminal behavior

... but I also don't condone the way GZ sized up TM, a stranger.

It seemed he sized him up perfectly: a criminal thug on drugs.

Of course he can be suspicious of anyone he wants

exactly - he did nothing wrong. He was reporting suspicions to the police as a responsible citizen and NW should.

but his actions led to the death of a kid we have to presume was innocent of whatever no good behavior was in GZ's head that night.

Why do we have to presume he's innocent when we know he was caught with stolen goods & equipment for robbery, had an obsession with fighting, took illegal drugs and attacked someone. Why don't you extend the same presumption to GZ instead of going further and deciding you can declare that what was in his head was "no good"?

What about the "no good behavior" in that little thugs head that night?

Saying GZ is responsible for TMs actions is no different than saying that a girl who get's raped "caused it by being there and dressing provocatively". Hey, if she hadn't been there and dressed like that then the rapist couldn't have attacked her could he? If she fights back and kills her attacker should she then be tried for murder too?

• Simon
    Simon
    Does that make me racist?

Didn't you get the memo? White people are always racist whatever they say and black people can never be racist no matter what they say.

It's apparently racist to say you don't care what color someone is ...

• designs
    designs

A teenager in trouble can be turned around. Hey teens get in fights, I did in High School. We should not as a civilized society give a green light to culling the herd of troubled teens.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

This guy would vote for aquittal.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

designs, who said this was a "culling"? It was a tragic occurance. But the events leading up to it had to do with the teens behavior. He could have called the police if he was feeling threatened, just as GZ did. He didn't need, or have ANY reason to confront GZ and attack GZ which escalated the event into this tragic ending. If he had gone home nothing else would have happened. The police were on their way, would have nothing to see, and GZ would have then gone home too.

GZ and al the other neighbors on a NW watch and report. That is what itis about. There had been a break in there and even his wife had a break in from what I remember reading. There was a heightened sense of awareness to anything suspect. GZ called the police and looked for the street location to give them. He walked back to his vehicle when told to do so.

• Laika
    Laika
    nonjwspouse: So laike, you believe if he saw a unrecognised white kid or latin kid doing the exact same thing wearing the exact same thing, and the neighborhood being victimised by the same description, he would NOT do the same thing?

Yes, I think so.

• designs
    designs

How many teenagers would call 911. Teenage guys get into fights, I did and I'm glad some of the guys I fought didn't have knives or metal pipes. Hey I use to carry a baseball bat and tire iron in my car just for confrontations when I pioneered...very bad ass territory.

I really doubt Zimmerman's account, sorry but he and his wife lied to many times in this whole process.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

@ Simon Your rapist argument makes no sense to me. I don't get the comparison. Let me think about that one a little while longer.

As far as TM he was innocent that day. No weapons or stolen goods were found on him. His past just as GZ's should not be held against him. I do not think it is fair to focus only on TM's past and not GZ's.

Both could have had their characters maligned in that courtroom if the judge allowed the jury to hear about their past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit