If you were on the Zimmerman jury, how would you vote? 2nd degree murder, manslaughter or innocent?

by UnConfused 314 Replies latest social current

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

Agree Diest. Except the first part. I never thought Gz just hunted TM doen and shot him. But I never believed GZs story to be completely factual.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Being on his back, w a busted nose, he likely couldn't see very well, and blood was probably running down the back of his throat. He probably had trouble breathing.

S

• TD
    TD
    Was GZ in the ICU after being beat within an inch of his life? Maybe they saved him from dying at the police station.

Obviously Zimmerman was not beaten to within an inch of his life.

On the flip side of the coin though, an idea that keeps getting alluded to on these threads is that it was his responsibility to self diagnose his injuries during the altercation and not resort to deadly force until those injuries had reached a definite medical threshold. That's not how the reasonable person standard works in self defense.

• still thinking
    still thinking

But the responsibility and onus is completely on them to be engaged and take part. They cannot 'opt out' of the system and then complain about the system and expect it to be suspended because they are not a part of it.

Yes I agree...to a point. But this is a symptom of something still terribly wrong in society. WHY do people have this attitude. WHY are they so distrustful of the law and government? THOSE are the issues that need to be addressed.

I agree that leaders should be encouraging jury service if people want to be represented. And I don't know if they are not doing this already.

But it is too easy to blame people for not doing something. It's like blaming JWs for not leaving. When you have a certain mindset it is because of your environment. It takes a lot to change that. We need to stop blaming victims of our societies.

• Simon
    Simon

You do not have to wait until you are within an inch of your life because at that point it would be too late. Obviously not what the law intends.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Wow, that Russia Today article completely overblows what few protests there were.

How so? It just reported the protests...and said what happened. It offers no opinion. Just times and dates and events.

Maybe you are referring to readers comments below...I dunno.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Too late now...the jury has already decided. I now recant my manslaughter vote and change it to 'Not Guilty'. I now charge the mass media with character assassination in the first degree, and lying in the first degree, under the Anti-Watchtower (CADMUS) Act Section 123.456, subsection (d), paragraph 3. I'm entirely fickle and don't belong on a jury, now I understand why the judge on the case I was on decided I was an alternate juror...son of a wild beast...what's wrong with me?

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Clearly it was several inches.

"Is that what she, Jehovah's heavenly organization, may evidently have said? The evidence suggests that this is so. How do we know this? Through our publications, the measurements of the spiritual temple have been demonstrated to be several inches, indicating the clear and specific direction Jehovah provides through his organization. Do we not benefit because that is what she said?"

--sd-7

• still thinking
    still thinking

Laika...that was interesting

How is a man with a history of violence allowed to have a gun anyway?

• Glander
    Glander

Our government is on the verge of encouraging vigilanties and anarchy.

Eric Holder is the same AG who squashed the indictment of the Black Panther goons who were intimidating voters outside the polling place in '08.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit