If you believe in Gods laws why dont you go live in Saudi Arabia ?

by mP 145 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jam
    jam

Search, Don,t believe in God in Kentucky. Posted 2012

• Este
    Este

that's what it comes down to, ain't it. Atheists don't believe in a sky god, the chains are off so they must be running around willy nilly doing all sorts of nefarious things. Nah, we're actually a bit on the tame side. I for one am about to cut up some strawberries and make some pancakes for my baby boy. Nothing wicked in any of that.

But if one (Christian) believes the only way one can be good is to have faith in a sky god what does that actually say about them?

You are an atheist Mrs. Jones? wow had no idea...

• Satanus
    Satanus

'dont our thought preceed our action?'

Goddess, i used to think about flying so much, when i was a kid. In dreams, i did fly quite a bit. Does jesus monitor dreams, too?

S

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

ravens: "but being accountable before god"

This gets back to the core question: does this "accountability" before god make a person more moral? No, it does not. And, why is "accountability" so important if it does not necessarily act as a sound moral guide?

I look at it this way: if there is a god, and he's judging between a religious person who believes in him, yet lived a not-so-exemplary life, compared to an atheist who lived an extraordinarily good life in every way, would god condemn the atheist? What if the atheist more closely emulated the example of Jesus than the Christian did? Should god reward the Christian and punish the atheist?

What's more important to god? Actions or claims?

I think it is more than obvious that there are many religious people who do not have the best actions and are leading not-so-great lives.

If god judges solely on beliefs while ignoring the good a person does, then why would an atheist worry one second about it? Who would want to live in eternity with a god as shallow as that?

Your whole focus seems to be on paying for "sins"- real or imagined. I cannot see how this adds to the quality of life.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You are an atheist Mrs. Jones? wow had no idea...

Why would you? I'm more of an Apatheist anyway.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

dont our thought preceed our action?

True- but it doesn't obligate you to act on every thought.

We have 60,000 thoughts every day; 80% of them are negative.

Action is the ultimate qualifier. Thoughts don't mean diddly if you ignore or change them.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

dont call me: i believe its not about doing good to escape gods wrath, because we all sin and nothing we do can erase the sin, no number of good works, its about trusting in jesus who is the only way, i will say this i know athiest who do live more moral lives than some professing christians, however these one who profess but dont posses christ, have not been born again . i believe when a person who is born again will not contuinally live in the same practice of sin as (1 john 3:9;10).

• Este
    Este

Does jesus monitor dreams, too?

Si

• Giordano
    Giordano

So for you this is all about the Jesus/Christian tradition. What about all of the other religions and various versions of each? All of the other gods that people worship?

Next your quoting scriptures to atheists............. I sincerely hope you participate on a faith based forum or two your propensity to troll atheists is a waste of your time.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

mrsjones: " I for one am about to cut up some strawberries and make some pancakes for my baby boy. Nothing wicked in any of that. "

Since James Brown stated earlier that atheism is a religion, don't forget to say the Atheists' Prayer before eating those pancakes and strawberries:

"Dig in, everyone! Amen."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit