If you believe in Gods laws why dont you go live in Saudi Arabia ?

by mP 145 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

ppl can use god to do bad things, that doesnt change the truth that god is real, dude its the same both ways athisetism "can" do the same thing, ppl can take the idea that there is no higher accountabilty and do all sorta evil things, to an athiest self is god in the sense that you only have to be accountable to your self and you can determine what is right and wrong

ravens- you should really educate yourself before making absurd statements. Time and again studies have shown that the most secular countries are also the countries with the lowest crime rates, happiest people, highest standards of living, highest education, etc. Conversely, the most religious countries, like the USA, have the highest murder rates, suicides, teen pregnancies, depression and the largest prison populations. Look at the Middle East- highly religious (people have no choice) and the region is in continual turmoil and chaos, stuck in a time warp while the rest of the world moves forward. They are so fixated on being zealots and the better next life, they do little to add anything meaningful to this life; in fact, they've effectively created hell on earth.

So, if religion makes people more "moral" as you claim, why do the studies prove otherwise? By your argument, the most secular nations should be experiencing anarchy while religious nations should be living in Utopic Paradise. It just isn't so. Religion has nothing to do with morality.

I've never heard of atheists decapitating religious people simply because they believe in god;

I've never heard of atheists strapping a bomb to themselves and setting it off in a marketplace, killing innocent people, because atheism told them it was the right thing to do;

I've never heard of atheists conducting Inquisitions to force people to convert to atheism;

I've never heard of atheists declaring their view as the only correct one, then forcing entire nations to bend to their view by force and persecution (Sharia Law).

I've never heard of aheists forming armies and invading another country in order to force them to convert to atheism.

Finally, if you need god, a Bible, or some religion to dictate to you that murder, pedophilia or theft is wrong, then you need to adjust your moral compass. Atheists don't need god to tell them to treat other people with kindness, justice and love- they do it because they realize it's the right thing to do.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I don't believe in any gods. I'm not a criminal because I have morals. I know right from wrong. I don't need a sky god to tell me that robbing a bank is wrong. I don't need a sky god to tell me that killing folks is wrong. I don't need a sky god to tell me that having sex with a man other than my husand is wrong.

I am rational.

I try to be logical.

I have empathy for my fellow humans.

I don't need a sky god to make me a good person.

And I'm not jealous of those who think they do.

• Terry
    Terry

Bottom line: We get the god we choose. We are stuck with the result.

We select our beliefs based on who we are, how we think and what we value.

Religion is what we use to JUSTIFY all the opinions we hold.

And then......we pretend it was God, Belief and religion that PERSUADED us in the first place.

Like a chef who might say, "It was the delicious meal that convinced me to cook it."

• James Brown
    James Brown

There are not many atheist in the world. That is why they don't show up in trends.

Atheistic countries like Russia and China they dont allow anarchy they squash dissent with the

firing squad or life in a distant gulag.

Russia is now getting away from atheism and accepting God more so than back in the 50's, 60's

and 70's.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

hey atheist if you dont believe in god why spend a huge percent of you life talking about him? 24 hrs in a day 8-10 sleeping and eating, that leaves about 14 hrs and a few of thoses are devoted to talking about how evil and wicked and homophobic he is. hmmm

Hey theist (ravens)- if you don't believe in atheism why do you devote your remaining 14 hours a day to talking about how evil and wicked atheists are. hmmm

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Atheistic countries like Russia and China they dont allow anarchy they squash dissent with the

firing squad or life in a distant gulag.

JB- as I said to ravens, you may want to educate yourself before commenting. China does not "squash" religion but it is a nation that is hard on criminals. They don't send people to the "firing squad" for being religious. The same goes for Russia. Neither of these countries is "atheistic". If a person argues that point, then France, Denmark and Canada would also be in the same category, as they are proportionately secular societies. But, the point is, religion has nothing to do with morals, nor does it ensure that individuals or nations are better off for being "religious"; in fact, quite the opposite is true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_religion_in_China

The constitution of the People's Republic of China states "Citizens of the People’s Republic of China enjoy freedom of religion. No state organ, public organization or individual may compel citizens to believe in, or not to believe in, any religion; nor may they discriminate against citizens because they do, or do not believe in religion." This protection is extended only to what is called "normal religious activity," generally understood to refer to religions that submit to state control via the State Administration for Religious Affairs. [3] The Constitution further forbids the use of religion to "engage in activities that disrupt social order, impair the health of citizens or interfere with the educational system of the state. Religious organizations and religious affairs are not subject to any foreign dominance." [1]
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

If a person wants to equate "atheism" with executions (there is no correlation), then consider that the world's most religious nations are also the ones with the highest crime rates and executions.

I have no doubt the theists will ignore this information so as to continue their delusion that religion= morality.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_exe-crime-execution

• Satanus
    Satanus

The reason that the west has a separation of church and state, is because christianity doesn't work in the real world. Christianity preaches love, forgiveness, turning the other cheak. In the real world, violence and killing has been deamed necesary. THAT is where the state needs to step in and chrsitainty is pushed into the background, or to one day a week.

Judaism and islam do not have that flaw in their theology. They are both coherent systems, where killing, maiming, lying are integrated. Saudi arabia and israel both show that. Israelis have basically built a huge concentration camp around their remaining enemies in israel, thus killing them slowly, in a way that the world can't see very well, and also protecting themselves.

S

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

good question. or even israel.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hey theist (ravens)- if you don't believe in atheism why do you devote your remaining 14 hours a day to talking about how evil and wicked atheists are. hmmm

that's what it comes down to, ain't it. Atheists don't believe in a sky god, the chains are off so they must be running around willy nilly doing all sorts of nefarious things. Nah, we're actually a bit on the tame side. I for one am about to cut up some strawberries and make some pancakes for my baby boy. Nothing wicked in any of that.

But if one (Christian) believes the only way one can be good is to have faith in a sky god what does that actually say about them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit