If you believe in Gods laws why dont you go live in Saudi Arabia ?

by mP 145 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

As I said earlier in this thread, "I could be wrong" (about per capita gun ownership).

I was wrong !

I'm agreeing with your information.

Thank you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, if you want to tie it back in to the subject, I think you will find that the peace and tranquillity of a country is only nominally influenced by its religion (or lack of it). What is far more important is the environment the people find themselves in. If they feel fairly secure, there will be fewer guns and less violence.

Laws and justice have been evolving for thousands of years. Why would we tie ourselves to the foundational wisdom, when we can rely on what we are learning now?

Why More Equal Societies Have Lower Homicide Rates

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Well, if you want to tie it back in to the subject, I think you will find that the peace and tranquillity of a country is only nominally influenced by its religion (or lack of it). What is far more important is the environment the people find themselves in. If they feel fairly secure, there will be fewer guns and less violence.

----

Agreed.

Which goes back to what I stated earlier in the thread- the most secular nations also tend to have happier, more productive citizens, better education, higher standards of living and less crime.

• mP
    mP

Well i think it was Origen said there are four gospels because there are four winds (directions on a compass rose).

• mP
    mP

@Shirley

Its a fact, the more religious a country the worse a place it is to live. Africa and the Muslim countries are a perfect standard.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Theocracies are hell. Why is that?

S

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Atheism is a religion of the rich and wealthy.

James Brown,

Don't forget that there is a correlation between wealth, education and intelligence. Atheists are generally smart and well educated, while the most fervent believers are poor and uneducated.

I choose education, wealth and atheism. You stick to fervent believers

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Atheists are generally smart and well educated, while the most fervent believers are poor and uneducated.

And this is why as a society becomes more educated, superstitions, gods and miracles fall by the wayside.

It is simply impossible to accept the nonsense religion offers in light of science, reason and logic.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Waitaminute. Education, economic level and athiesm are not that cut and dried. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_education

I suggest that religious belief has a nominal effect on the security of a nation.

I agree that theocracies are collossal failures.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

mp:really?????????? imagine for a second if a country were to follow the bible, not the quarn or book of mormon but the bible, there would be a whole lot less stds, and no abortion. how ever as we see in this country there is the holocost happening every year. why is it that when this tornato kills kids everyone is so sad(which it is very very sad) but when hundreds of kids are killed everyday by mothers and immoral doctors it well that the mothers choice? point is any place where the bible is not the standard and followed fornication, homosexuality and abortion will be present.(unless maybe a muslim country) not sure there stance on abortion. i know some athiest are not cool with abortion but alot are of the mind set that its a person choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit