If you believe in Gods laws why dont you go live in Saudi Arabia ?

by mP 145 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Different studies show contrasted conclusions regarding any link between the two concepts, depending on whether "religiosity" is measured by religious practices (attendance at places of worship, for example) or specific religious beliefs (belief in miracles, for example), with notable differences between nations. In "western" countries, the higher the level of education, the more the religious practices increase, while certain religious beliefs decrease

several religious groups have much higher levels of education." He found that Hindus, Jews, Buddhists, and Orthodox Christians have the highest levels of education, Catholics, Mormons, and Muslims are at about the national average, and Jehovah's Witnesses have by far the lowest education

----

Basically, as education increases, the beliefs in miracles/supernatural occurrences usually fall off. Religious practice may have more to do with social connections (I know some very educated, wealthy people who attend church to maintain social and business contacts).

Jehovah's Witnesses: the least educated and also believe in all kinds of supernatural phenomena, mostly of the "invisible" kind.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

there would be a whole lot less stds, and no abortion.

I'm of the mind that being fully aware of human procreation processes and having full access to contraception is the bigger issue of having a choice. Abortion is the sexy issue to divert attention away from the limiting of a woman's choice to reproduce or not. Education is the key. The bibe is not the first place I went to to undersand how my body works.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

but when hundreds of kids are killed everyday by mothers and immoral doctors it well that the mothers choice?

---

Read your Bible. God had no trepidation about killing babies and small children en masse.

He sent two she-bears to kill 40 children on one occasion.

God regularly ordered the Israelites to murder all the inhabitants of cities, including infants and small children.

God killed David's newborn to pay for David's sin.

All of us, "god's children" are dying for a mistake that was not even ours (according to the Bible). Billions and billions of dead "children".

Etc., etc. .....

While I do not in anyway agree with abortion, trying to make a case for god's concern for children based on the Bible's accounts, is a weak argument at best.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

imagine for a second if a country were to follow the bible, not the quarn or book of mormon but the bible, there would be a whole lot less stds, and no abortion

----

Evidence says otherwise.

The USA is arguably one of the most religious countries on the planet, a "Christian" nation. Most Christians in the USA claim to be following the Bible.

Yet, the USA is usually at the top of the list for teen pregnancies, std's and abortion.

"following the Bible" has little real effect.

• cantleave
    cantleave

magine for a second if a country were to follow the bible, not the quarn or book of mormon but the bible,

Slavery, misogyny, wars, genocide, kids being killed for being cheeky to their parents, genital multilation..........

• mP
    mP

Shirley

Your observations about american christinity and the bible may be true, but for faith in action, nobody beats the muslims. They really follow their stupid laws an customs all the way.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

follow the bible, not the quarn or book of mormon but the bible

---

Islam and the Koran have their roots in Christianity.... and look at the result.

As much as apologists like to think Islam is directly opposed to Biblical edicts, it actually is not that far of a departure from it.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Your observations about american christinity and the bible may be true, but for faith in action, nobody beats the muslims. They really follow their stupid laws an customs all the way.

----

I agree.

I see no Christians willing to strap a bomb to themselves and detonate it in a crowded marketplace because they believe so firmly in the rightness of Christianity. Muslims have taken zealotry to a whole new level.

(BTW- I'm not advocating any kind of violence nor am I suggesting Christians should be jihadists- I'm just making an observation).

• Searril
    Searril

Conversely, the most religious countries, like the USA, have the highest murder rates

So gang membership is caused by churches in the US?

---

ADCMS: Really? This is what you got out of what I said? Wow. I don't debate "Strawman" arguments and nonsensical statements, so I'll say no more.

You are the one who implied there was some type of causation between religion and crime rate in this country. That was your logical fallacy that led me to point it out.

My point about atheism and China/Russia is very valid, especially after you had specifically scolded someone else for having their facts wrong.

Basically, this thread is trash as it was formed based on severely flawed thinking which was never properly vetted in-brain before being put down in typewritten form as an attack on others. That's precisely why so many of the ridiculous religion=violence "arguments" have been so easily put down. And that's precisely why it is so difficult for anyone looking for a balanced view on dubs or religion in general to take this forum seriously, because nearly every topic always wants to devolve into either "you're religious so you're stupid" or "you're religious so you're violent" in the end.

Waste of time, as already proven. I'm out. Be back in another month or so to see if anything has changed.

• tec
    tec

Theocracies are hell. Why is that?

That was probably a rhetorical question, lol... but... because politicians or kings or whomever can claim to have the backing of God, and so give themselves double authority. People disobeying them, means people disobeying God. Just like the wts - but with armed governments to back them.

Plus, religions don't have much of a track record of actually understanding God... they turn to the laws that have been handed down (they hope accurately), and interpret them as they think they are meant, or as they want them to mean. If that means ignoring or twisting and abusing the whole love your neighbor as yourself/golden rule... then that is what they do also.

peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit