So tired of life

by LouBelle 112 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Welcome back.!!!!!'m

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Loubelle - you've had a really tough time of it lately and are bound to feel down sometimes...we all want the very best for you..these crappy moments do pass and I hope you find your anchor soon.....(((x0x))) sammieswife

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When I read of the pain you're are going through Lou the words "don't give up" flashed in my brain and Peter Gabriel's song came to mind. It's a beautiful song of dispair and hope and it seemed to fit. Though we are all spread so far apart from each other there is love aand support for you here Lou.

We love ya. Don't give up.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I know you don't me, but I have a friend going through exactly what you describe. I always try to encourage that person to take it in mini steps. Think of a goal for example. Then don't think of everything that has to happen to make it work, but think of the first step and start on it immediately. That gives positive energy and a plan gives peace and hope.

so for example, lets say you would like to move. What is the very first thing that is required? Start on just the first thing today!

We love you. Please hang in there.

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Lovely support from all posts.

On a more practical side, how about the Board coming together to send her an airticket to visit someone on the Board, or putting together some financial assistance to help her go through these rough times?

Her job isn't helping (irregular salary payment, crappy work environment); she's not happy where she lives (she did complain about some man threatening her); before now, she was out her job and was barely hanging on. There is just enough a body can take.

Could there be someone in South Africa - or even southern Africa (which covers many countries) who could host her for some time until she finds her feet?

Sorry Loubelle if this is not the sort of thing you would appreciate. If so, forgive me.

pc

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Glad you're OK LB...I knew you would feel better after you'd had a rest. Even though we were on high alert for a time, you did the right thing by venting your feelings to us. I'm on the west coast of the U.S and read your comment late last night and was wondering about you on my commute in to work this morning. I was happy to log on here to find out you're ok.

Remember not to trust your feelings about life and the big picture when you're down or tired. You just won't be able to come up with anything hopeful when your tired or in a low mood. Remember the word H.A.L.T. as an acronym for Hungry, Angry, Lonley, Tired. If you are any of those things.....don't trust any thoughts you may have about the big picture.....pull yourself back into the moment and do something positive to comfort yourself in the now. Print out the( Poem ?) below and memorize it or keep it with you so that when you are feeling low, you can say it to yourself, replacing your negative thoughts with more positive ones, until you are feeling better.

JUST FOR TODAY

1. Just for Today, I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life-problem at once. I can do some things for twelve hours that would appall me if I felt I had to keep them up for a lifetime.

2. Just for Today, I will be Happy. This assumes that what Abraham Lincoln said is true, that “most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” Happiness is from Within; it is not a matter of Externals.

3. Just for Today, I will Adjust myself to what Is, and not try to Adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my family, my business, and my luck as they come, and fit myself to them.

4. Just for Today, I will take care of my Body. I will exercise it, care for it, and nourish it, and not abuse it nor neglect it; so that it will be a perfect machine for my will.

5. Just for Today, I will try to strengthen my mind, I will study. I will learn something useful, I will not be a mental loafer all day. I will read something that requires effort, though and concentration.

6. Just for Today, I will exercise my Soul. In three ways, to wit:

(a) I will do somebody a good turn and not get found out. If anybody knows of it, it will not count.

(b) I will do at least two things I don’t want to do, as William James suggests just for exercise.

(c) I will not show any one that my feelings are hurt. They may be hurt, but Today I will not show it.

7. Just for To-day, I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress as becomingly as possible, talk low, act courteously, be liberal with flattery, criticize not one bit nor find fault with anything, and not try to regulate nor improve anybody.

8. Just for Today, I will have a Programme. I will write down just what I expect to do every hour. I may not follow it exactly, but I’ll have it. It will save me from the two pests Hurry and Indecision.

9. Just for Today, I will have a quiet half hour, all by myself, and relax. During this half hour, some time, I will think of God, so as to get a little more perspective to my life.

10. Just for Today, I will be Unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to be Happy, to enjoy what is Beautiful, to love and to believe that those I love love me.

(Copyright, 1921 by Frank Crane)

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

PrinceCharmant ...I just woke up and that was what was in my mind to do something for LouBelle .

In March, those who wanted to, helped out a fellow long time poster. What if this month, it is LouBelle's turn ?

In March a PayPal account was opened in that poster's name and those that wanted to contribute, did.

I have no idea how to go about it.

If someone who knows a bit of how it works could post?

Just Lois

PS...Exwhyzee...I have never read The 10 Suggestions of Just For Today. Thank you for sharing.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

LouBelle,

It is good to see your post. Hang in there. The outpouring of concern and affection is proof that there are good things in this world worth living for.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ya, that was great Exwhyzee. I liked it and will pass it on.

• exwhyzee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit