So tired of life

by LouBelle 112 Replies latest jw friends

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I'm glad some of you found that "Just For Today" poem useful. It's a helpless feeling to know of someone off in some far flung corner of the world suffering and have little to offer them except a kind word or to share something from your own experience that you hope will help.When it comes down to it, we really have very little control over anything in life. The list of the things we can control is very short so if we concentrate on those things (one day at a time) and put all the other stuff out of our minds as much as possible, ones outlook will improve. The only thing we can control is how we react to our circumstances. To feel sadness is part of the human experience and it's one of the emotions that makes up who we are. Once we pass through a difficult time, we have learned a great deal and are likely stronger and are more compassionate and have the skills to do better in the next go round.

Life is mostly froth and bubble, Two things stand like stone, Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

A song I liked in 1970. I was 11 and really didn't understand the weight of the song. As an adult, I understand it too well. Usually I fight to keep my face towards the sun. I understand though, at times it feels excrutiating to keep trying to land on your feet. The strength will come to you though. I'm confident that it will, dear Louise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kyxTdLuH-8

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Lois...all it takes is an email address linked with a paypal account to deposit money.

I know people hesitate to offer money because there have been people who have scammed this site before. Yet I know many freely offered cash to BBXB with no strings attached, and for what? A vague campaign against the WT? Why would help for one individual be any less important?

Perhaps help for individuals needs to have something more specific. In practical terms, would it help LouBelle if she knew her rent was covered for next month? Would it give her a much-needed boost to find a better living situation? I don't know. I"m just tossing out questions. LouBelle, what do you think we could do in a practical way that might help you start to feel less tired of life?

• caliber
  • LouBelle
    LouBelle

Dear Friends, for a couple of day s I have been in a dark place. So dark that I could not see the light at the end of the tunnel and that I had been engulfed, that I was suffocating, caged, trapped. In that time it feels as if the only thing that makes sense and to stop it all is to take my life. I have actually taken a blade to my wrist once before, the pain was excrutiating and to be honest, I just couldn't will myself to slice my wrist over and over again.

Yes Life has been shitty, I'm not going to pretend that it's all flowers and sunshine. When the darkness retracts I do see the good there is and I do appreciate little things. And I do mean little - a shower at a house I may house-sit - I can take the shower in peace and quiet, when I want. After the shower I can just plop on the bed and there is peace and quiet. I find joy in puppies (corny but true). Or when I can't find anything to be thankful for while sitting at work, I close my eyes and focus on the fact that I have eyes to see, I breathe, I have working limbs.

When the black cloud engulfs me, I cannot see all these little things even and what I call the 'pain body' rises up and is very vocul.

I want to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my soul for reaching out, for your support, your concern, your love. I am overwhelmed by it and it has truly been a soothing balm.

I love you all very much.

Louise.

• *lost*
    *lost*

thank you Loubelle - for having the courage to publicly talk about this. It affects many of us. It's shit.

I totally get you. Sometimes it's like wanting to just crawl into a little hidey-hole, curling up, and staying there.

What helped me immensely was finding out how common it is, many many people out there are or have had to deal with it. For me it made it normal, it's not something to be ashamed of or hidden. Thankfully the stigma is starting to fall away and it's viewed now as medical, not craziness.

Winston Churchill called it the black dog.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I want to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my soul for reaching out, for your support, your concern, your love. I am overwhelmed by it and it has truly been a soothing balm.
    I love you all very much.
    Louise.

Lou, if you lived close, you could come stay with me. I have that extra, empty bedroom and bath. I bet you could even work with me. I have a great boss and team. But so sadly, the world is so big and you live in a different hemisphere or two.

I'm so we have all been able to help you.

We love you very much, too!

Heather

Here is a little video to cheer you up. It's not just the song. The video is amazingly cute, cheerful and clever. Don't miss a second of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZeKIkvnAis

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

A lot of us feel this way about you, dear Sunshine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwyXQn9g40I&noredirect=1

• LV101
    LV101

LouBelle --- I apologize but I'm hit/miss on here. Sounds like there's many on board who care about you even offering temporary housing on this side of planet earth and good questions Mamochan has presented here.

I will try to read a few of your recent posts to catch up (later) but you did mention your SA passport was limited/restrictive (something to that effect)? Do you think SA has opportunity for you? Is there any way your contact in San Diego knows of SAs willing to help --- info, temporary housing, job contacts if you were to relocate --- and I understand wanting to stay in your country of origin.

Love and best wishes to you. Hang in there.

LV

• wasblind
    wasblind

The Donkey in the Well

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well.

The animal cried for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over & help him. They all grabbed a dirt & began to shovel dirt into the well.

At first, the donkey didn't realized what was happening & cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel ­of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing.

He would shake it off & take a step up. As the farmer's neighbors

continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off & take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well & happily trotted off..!!!

I"m sure you've heard that story before, But now was a good time to hear it again

Please don't let the dirt cover you. Step up and brush it off

we're in your corner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit