Who has experienced a REAL demonic incident?

by Monsieur 418 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still thinking
    still thinking

Its funny how people still think that those people who believe they had demon or other spirit experiences would bring them here, so that they can be belittled, ridiculed, denied that they had the experience that they claim, or are liars...Satanus

LOL Satanus. The experience I mentioned in this thread was one that I shared, in depth not long after I first joined JWN. I was 100% convinced it was a real experience. And I was pretty peeved that people told me it wasn't.

I had believed that I had had a real experience for over 20 years.

I'd never heard of sleep paralysis...and when I started to look into it...I discovered that this experience, I was 100% convinced of, was exactly like sleep paralysis. And the supporting 'evidence' I had, when I really looked at it, could have been interpreted that way by me because I believed it to be true. So all the surrounding events that took place were seen by me, through the eyes of someone that assumed others had experienced it too. I read into it what I wanted to because of preconceived ideas and beliefs.

I denied this for a while, but in the end, I revisited the night in question in my mind (I still remembered it all vividly). And ran through what had happened. And I honestly couldn't make the same conclusion knowing there could be another explanation. I was no longer convinced.

As time has gone on, I do not believe it was demons at all.

I wasn't lying at the time, and I don't believe that people who share their experiences are liars either. But, I do think they need to look at the experience from all possible perspectives. And really question themselves about what they believe about it and why.

• Fernando
    Fernando

When discussing the "unabridged gospel" with local Pharisees it was clear to me that something supernatural and evil was blinding and controlling their minds.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• still thinking
  • still thinking
    still thinking

Sorry bout that Satanus....I couldn't help myself...it was the force, it was too powerful for me...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Cofty,

Hypothesis is the correct term. Just don't forget.....

A hypothesis is a very important first step.

• Giordano
    Giordano

My most compelling demonic incident was watching the Exorcist.....scared the crap out of me! Does that count? Other then a make believe movie....... no true witness would be caught dead at ........ No real demonic incidents....I've been in situations that spooked me but nothing that pointed to Demons or angels for that matter. And that may be the weak part of the witness preoccupation.

It would seem to me that if demons are in play then so would angels. But we don't hear about angels to much in the witness world.

As far as this preoccupation with Demon's following you home from the garage sale or now through one's computer I do not remember that kind of thing being discussed very much in my era the 1960's. Apparently the WT started to really push this concept after that.

I love the 'balance' a JW strives for. No beards, no pant suits, no higher education but watch out for those pesky demons!

For those who sound a mite testy because some are poking fun at the idea we poke fun at everything you were taught as a witness. The fact that you want to still believe in crap reveals at least to me that once a fool always a....................

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Charming.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I don't think it's unique to Witnesses, my daughter discussed a certain point of my experience with a well educated man who had taught at a very good university, from what she related to me he agreed.

She also attended a Grammar school. Some of the girls were, I understand, using the Quija board and the head teacher told them in an assembly it wasn't a good thing to be doing.

• James Brown
  • cofty
    cofty

This is a support forum for ex-JWs.

Belief in demons was one of the most stupid and psychologically damaging of all the risible things we used to believe. Apparently many of us haven't moved on very far yet.

Nobody should apologise for exposing superstition for what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit