Who has experienced a REAL demonic incident?

by Monsieur 418 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Xanthipe - so we have sunk to the level of dismissing people's arguments on the basis of a spelling error have we?

cold steel - This is the 21st century. Why are you still stuck in medieval superstitions?

There are evil spirits that are unembodied, which is what Satan and his angels are. There are others that are disembodied spirits, people who lived on the earth but either fear damnation if they move on or who just don't want to move on. These spirits are not able to take a person's life, though they can make people miserable. They also, through the power of suggestion, try to entice people to murder.

Really? What evidence do you have for these outlandish assertions?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

This is why religion has flourished throughout all of history, there have always been gullible people eager to believe without a shred of evidence.

Billions alive today STILL believe in unprovable bullshit.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I've had the heebie-jeebies in the presence of certain things, like when I was in a church on Assisi, there was this crucifix which allegedly spoke to st Francis, and as soon as I saw it my skin crawled and I had to get out of there! I've often had the heebie jeebies in the presence of weird religious stuff like pagodas, crucifixes and sacred sites.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I suffered sleep paralysis, which in my superstitious JW mindset I intrepreted as a demon attack.....jwfacts

I have had the same experience. And for many years I was convinced it was real. I even went to a psychic who told me what my experience meant and about my guardian angel.

What a load of bunk. Once I read up about sleep paralysis I couldn't believe that this is what had really happened. It took a while to accept. But the reality was...it wasn't real. And my experience is not uncommon. Very similar things have happened to thousands if not millions of people over the centuries. Its no wonder humans interpreted it as demons. What other explanation did they have? I does seem very real.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which people, either when falling asleep or wakening, temporarily experience an inability to move. More formally, it is a transition state between wakefulness and rest characterized by complete muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It can occur at sleep onset or upon awakening, and it is often associated with terrifying visions (e.g. an intruder in the room), to which one is unable to react due to paralysis. It is believed a result of disrupted REM sleep , which is normally characterized by complete muscle atonia that prevents individuals from acting out their dreams . Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy , migraines , anxiety disorders , and obstructive sleep apnea ; however, it can also occur in isolation. [1] [2] When linked to another disorder, sleep paralysis commonly occurs in association with the neuromuscular disorder narcolepsy . [2]

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Xanthipe - so we have sunk to the level of dismissing people's arguments on the basis of a spelling error have we?

You can give it out but you can't take it.

• sherry11
    sherry11

spilling a bottle of Havana cuban rum down my throat i am f****d . all i got was a hangover

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

LOL at Sherry !

A friend of mine says he knows that Demons are not true, but he is sure he married a Troll !

• hoser
    hoser

I had first account demon stories related to me as a child by an adult family friend. The sister recounted her experience in a way that was so real that it had to be true. Now that I am older I think of 2 possibilities.

1. She craved attention.

2. She had experienced extreme stress at that time in her life and had/has mental problems.

hoser

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Also knew a pioneer sister who said she grew up all her life experienced moving furniture and objects, inexplicably slamming doors, and other poltergiest phenomena most of her childhood, and it ONLY stopped about two weeks before she got baptized as a JW. "

Sounds like she was pressured to get baptized...

• Splash
    Splash

When younger I was out walking with a friend.

I told him a story where the punchline was that I called out the name of Satan.

The second I did that there was a terrifying presence we both felt, like I had awakened a demon and he had personally come to investigate.

We both felt it, both looked at each other to say "what the hell is this?"

It was more than just having our skin crawl, it was as if we were in the very presence of something evil.

Every instinct was instantly full of fear. It's hard to describe the intensity of it.

I haven't experienced anything quite like it before or since, but neither have I called out his name or told that story since either.

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit