Who has experienced a REAL demonic incident?

by Monsieur 418 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

Thanks for the responses.

Perhaps one would have to 'experience' such an incident so as to feel absolutely shure. I've become very skeptic and one cannot deny the incredible lack of evidence to support the existence of demons (evidence that everybody and anybody can dissect and draw real conclusions from).

i'd reason that evidence of such 'demons' in turn is evidence of God since both must exist. I don't believe that this method is going to work though.

• Glander
    Glander

(I wish I could find my old post on this subject so I could just paste it here.)

We had an elders wife in the congregation who was obsessed with demonic matters. She was visiting a sisters home. The sister had just purchased two very expensive, ($350.00 each) new end table lamps. They were of an abstract design.

The elders wife said she could see faces in the design. Before the visit was over she and the sister were smashing the lamps with a hammer in the driveway. When the husband came home he blew his top.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think your right Monsieur, perhaps if one does experience such an incident they will be sure. They know what happened and all the things that led up to it and after. There are things that cannot be described well in writing.

Love the painting by Fuseli in still thinking's post

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

cold steel - This is the 21st century. Why are you still stuck in medieval superstitions?

There are evil spirits that are unembodied, which is what Satan and his angels are. There are others that are disembodied spirits, people who lived on the earth but either fear damnation if they move on or who just don't want to move on. These spirits are not able to take a person's life, though they can make people miserable. They also, through the power of suggestion, try to entice people to murder.

Really? What evidence do you have for these outlandish assertions?

I've read a large number of near death experiences and other credible accounts. I've also noticed that many times when people make contact with spirits, they often urge the person to murder. One paranormal group on television a year or two ago found a nasty spirit, and when it gave them an EVP, one of the first things it said was, "Kill Ryan." One recent account by a man who died and returned said that the unembodied spirits he saw appeared very much as ordinary people, except that some of their features seemed out of kilter and somewhat deformed. The disembodied spirits, on the other hand, were dressed as they had in mortality, he said. Other accounts confirm the same, and I've yet to read one account that indicates that mortals are spiritless entities. There are many other sources out there. You just have to pick the consistant ones.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Its funny how people still think that those people who believe they had demon or other spirit experiences would bring them here, so that they can be belittled, ridiculed, denied that they had the experience that they claim, or are liars.

S

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I agree with Monsieur in that this seems to be a subject where direct personal experience appears to offer the most convincing type of evidence. Such experiences are usually not themselves convincing to others. This is particularly so where one doesn't know the person reporting the experience.

To assert that there is no evidence at all of supernatural phenomena is, IMHO, incorrect. For the interested, a good place to start is David Fontana's "Is There An Afterlife". Although I would not expect a rational person to read this and emerge fully convinced (as I did not), I do think it is unreasonable to look at even this subset of the evidence and dismiss it out of hand.

Accepting for a moment that such phenomena occur, the term 'demonic' carries unnecessary religious overtones as far as I an see. As far as the topic is concerned, it depends on what one terms as demonic. Is all purported communication demonic or just the ones that frighten us?

The assertion that many communications that are said to originate from some 'spirit realm' contain urging to kill or hurt others is untrue. The vast majority of such communications, if such they are, are perfectly benign.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Agree with Satanus. While I don't believe in demons, I respect the comments of those who may (or simply don't read the thread). I don't need to ask for evidence of something I don't believe. That just debate and of course on this site, on this subject it soon attracts the atheist massdebaters.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

A closest family member was harassed by the demons for about a year in my presence.Lots of things happened with elaborate dialogue.

This person had/has never had psychosis.

I have BIG problems with the lapses contradictions of the Christian faith,but now I am 99.9% sure of the existence of the demonic realm.

THE DEMONS EXIST so GOD MUST EXIST.

• Splash
    Splash

Any skeptic want to explain my experience (pg. 3)?

Will just add that the instant we felt this presence we both reacted by ducking, just as you would if there was an unexpected nearby explosion.

Splash

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

@Splash - without knowing you or your friend, and with your perception being subjective, it is very difficult for anyone else to know whether you are even describing what happened accurately (I accept that what you say is how you recall it), let alone what might have accounted for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit