Who has experienced a REAL demonic incident?

by Monsieur 418 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

Looks like this thread has turned into the usual ,"skeptic", knows better on the topic of the paranormal .. I don't have to prove anything to anybody but know what I saw with my own two eyes in broad daylight walking around an apartment parking lot or walking around my own home , I don't believe the part about human disembodied spirits but do believe the spirirts on earth are the demonic ones , some look just like humans some have very distorted features but appear to have a head, torso and arms legs . I've seen these things many times , one was a tall black man that materialized out of thin air and disapeared . When I stayed at my grandmas house, when I was a kid, I would see spirits walking around in the middle of the night that others also saw , sometimes I saw an old woman some times I saw a man and they don't just quietely move around , it's the noise they make , they seemed to be going around looking in some night stands that were placed around a stair well , lots of thumping and bumping is what woke me up . When I see them walk through a wall there's a very loud, like snapping noise . Believe it or not , don't care but the topic was have you any experiences .

• cofty
    cofty

xanthipe - are you a teenager?

heathen - Can you conceive of a non-supernatural explanation for what you experienced?

Anecdotes are all we have. No video evidence despite the world teeming with cameras and video recorders/mobile phones. Not one single credible incident anywhere. We ought to be overwhelmed with objective evidence by now.

There are lots of people who believe they have been abducted by aliens or seen Elvis or saw a statue of Mary weep blood. We don't hesitate to disregard such nonsense but for some reason its still OK to believe in demons and angels..

When you dismiss all miraculous explanations we are left with lots of questions but the world really begins to make sense. Supernatural explanations raise more questions than answers. Why can't we just settle for not knowing why we think we saw or heard certain things? Why do we need to resort to the most unlikely explanation we can think of?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Interesting topic. You would think with all the exorcisms that the Catholic church has supposedly performed that there would be some solid video evidence available. I've always wondered why the JW's never saw the need to continue the practice that may have been done by the first century apostles. With all that god and the demons want from us, perhaps they could do a better job of showing that they are real.

• heathen
    heathen

cofty - there's absolutely no other explanation that would do it justice .

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

xanthipe - are you a teenager?

Cofty - are you projecting?

but the topic was have you any experiences - Heathen

Indeed it was.

• cofty
    cofty
    cofty - there's absolutely no other explanation that would do it justice . - Heathen

I can think of a few that are more likely than inventing beings called demons.

Our minds can create very powerful sensations that impossible to distinguish from reality. everything we see, hear, taste, feel or smell actually happens in the brain. Unless there are others to verify the exact same incident then it remains nothing more than a subjective anecdote.

The answer to Monsieur's opening question, "Who has experienced a REAL demonic incident?" is - nobody has.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

As scientific evidence in all areas of life including, understanding of the brain, physics, the material world and our own bodies continues to grow, the demon population continues to decrease proportionately.

Uhm, I wonder why

But then again, I'm just a material kind of person who only believes what is seen. So to answer your question, no I have never experienced a REAL demonic incident.

I did hear stories as an elder of different dubs thinking they had demons in their house in which case I went to the house to look for possible places they could be hanging out. Couldn't find any so I made suggestions of possible hangouts but all the time thinking, "there are no demons" except in our minds.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Our minds can create very powerful sensations that impossible to distinguish from reality. "

So you admit that it could be real. After all, it is impossible to distinguish powerful sensations from reality. Where is my EKG meter when I need it?!

Heathen,

It seems that you witnessed a full-torsoed vaporous apparition, that's awesome......

Here is a possible explanation. Radio waves can travel forever, right? So what other methods are there for transmitting and storing information? I think of magnetic tapes, vhs, ect. That is really amazing to me that storing information that way is even possible. I don't really understand it. All I know is that when I put the movie in, it plays.

What if certain events are recorded, perhaps magnetically, within the earths atmosphere. Those signals could be made under certain conditions, and then if you are at the right place at the right time, you see it. When you add quantum weirdness into the mix, well..who knows?! What if ghosts are just recordings that occured via some unknown mechanism? They do not have to be spirits at all? Maybe Old Man Tobias was standing in the exact right place during the Civil War, and bingo, he was recorded? 100 years later you are at a Hotel that stands where his farm used to be? The next thing you know Old Man Tobias is in the hallway? It's a theory.....

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I buy and sell antiques, you would think if spirits were capable of inhabiting objects I would have run into some by now. I sometimes dig in dusty basements, dark garages and sheds, attics, etc., and I have seen some pretty weird things, but no spirits. I have many friends in the business also, no one I know has had any problem with spirits. The only times I have ever heard stories like this is from dubs. I believe most cases of so called "demon possession" are a result of overactive imaginations and/or mental illness. I am not saying it's not possible, but until I see proof, I am skeptical.

• cofty
    cofty
    It's a theory..... - DATA-DOG

No actually its an evidence-free hypothesis at best. To turn it into a theory you still have all your work ahead of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit