Where else to go.I sticking up for the WTS.

by joe134cd 99 Replies latest jw friends

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Me three: I wasn't thrown out either. Never baptized.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

For a rear thing I might cover my eyes also Gman.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I was not thrown out either, I realized that I had made many bad decisions in my life because of Watchtower teachings. At first I was just happy to make the pain stop. Later I came to realize I had been lied to and deceived from the get go.

• cog_survivor
    cog_survivor

One of the hardest thing I had to deal with in leaving my own cult mindset was coming to grips with why I went to church

Up to the point where I left, I only went because I believed God would drop kick me to the curb if I didn't. The church I was raised in certainly didn't give me any joy.

When I left and finally got over that fear, I realized that I had a desire for community worship. I didn't want someone preaching at me (believe me I had enough of that to last a lifetime) but I wanted to be part of a group of people who believed in Jesus.

The startling thing to me was recognizing that it became an act of faith for me to walk into a church knowing that it was no longer my concern what others did or thought and trust that God was more capable than I to sort all that out. I was there to worship and to develop my relationship with Him.

Just that simple idea of realizing that was huge but very telling about what living in a narrow cult mindset had done to my outlook on becoming part of another body of believers.

My point is this. If you start with the premise that God wants a personal relationship with you, then you just need to find a place where you can cultivate that in peace. If you feel like that is a body of believers, look for one where the fruits of the spirit ( Gal. 5:22-23) are in evidence. That more than anything (including particular doctrines) will tell you if you are in a healthy place.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

the quiet one, well to answer honestly, i was raised a witness so i had always been around the bible, however as a christian, what really sticks out to me is the complete unity through out, the resurrection of christ, and he is the only"god" to conquer the grave, the historical accuraticy(unlike my spelling). the prophecy, and its not about just listening to some dude talk about history, its about worshiping god, and encouraging each other( i hate to say like that because of how the wt beats hebs 10:23;24, but i do believe it, just not wt way).

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Why do you have to go anywhere?

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

The best thing to be after being a Jehovah's Witness is to be an Ex-Jehovah's Witness.

Nothing else!

You are already in the place you need to be!

You need to be outside of Jesus Christs Kingdom (which is ruined) and waiting (in the wilderness) for the Fathers Kingdom:

The Fathers Kingdom:

Revelation 21:24-27

25 And its gates will not be closed at all by day, for night will not exist there. 26 And they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. 27 But anything not sacred and anyone that carries on a disgusting thing and a lie will in no way enter into it; only those written in the Lamb’s scroll of life [will].

All you have to do to convince yourself that the Fathers Kingdom has absolutely nothing to do with the Watchtower Society is understand the implication of the above verse: and anyone that carries on a disgusting thing and a lie will in no way enter into it

The very last iteration of Christianity (Jehovah's Witnesses and all their predecessor denominations all the way back to Catholicism) will be completely destroyed when God sets up his Kingdom!

Daniel 2:44

44 "And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;

Perhaps some people do not think that Jesus Christs Kingdom has been ruined?

Do you have ears:

Matthew 13:39-43

. The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things, and the reapers are angels. 40 Therefore, just as the weeds are collected and burned with fire, so it will be in the conclusion of the system of things. 41 The Son of man will send forth his angels, and they will collect out from his kingdom all things that cause stumbling and persons who are doing lawlessness, 42 and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will be. 43 At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the kingdom of their Father.

Let him that has ears listen.

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

You will not learn anything I have posted above from the WTS or any other Church!

The only place to learn this is in the Ex-Jehovah's Witness Community.

You need to come to terms with the fact that YOU are in the wilderness!

Revelation 12:14

14 But the two wings of the great eagle were given the woman, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place; there is where she is fed for a time and times and half a time away from the face of the serpent.

You are also being helped by the Earth which has provided the Internet.

The best tool on the planet which is completely capable of swallowing up all those lies told by the Watchtower Society!

Revelation 12:16

But the earth came to the woman’s help, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river that the dragon disgorged from its mouth

What! ......... is the Watchtower Society telling lies perpetrated by Satan?

Millions Now Living Will Never Die ......... they positively will not die.

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

So that is why God lets an operation of error go to them, that they may get to believing the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.

Millions Now Living Will Never Die ......... they positively will not die.

abe

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

redvip2000,

I used the term 'congregation' and not 'organization' ... I honestly believe that the nature of the congregations is essentialy non-evil. As for the 'organization' and its leadership the debate can go on and on ... I don't believe they're evil. I believe they're deluded, because they seem to regard themselves as mythological semi-gods ...ahem... kings of the heavenly kingdom, already chosen by Christ, and behave as if they're beyond any scrutiny from their brethren.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit