Where else to go.I sticking up for the WTS.

by joe134cd 99 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

tammy -- i remembered this after I hit send and thanks for reposting/DUH! It's true.

If a xtian is to share the good news about the Christ with others it's definitely different not having any religion/church to refer/recruit them to (maybe this is better since they can find their own way, I don't know). It's odd being used to a familiar way of doing things.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

(1) Many (most?) of us were not "thrown-out"

we just had an epiphany (awakening, sudden realization,

realization, insight ) and saw the Watchtower is not

what it claims to be.

(2) "Remain a Chistian" You say you want to

remain a Christian ? You are NOT a Christian.

WHY NOT ? Because: You accept the governing body's claim

they are the "sole channel of communication

between man and God" that means you look to

the falsely created 8 man team as a source

of "special knowledge" and allow these men to

ursurp the position of Christ as the "Mediator"

- that makes you an idolater, not a Christian.

(3) No "Organization" is required to be a Christian.

The term Christian comes from the word Christ

which in Hebrew is Messiah. Christian means you

accept the idea that the Hebrew Messiah

came from heaven to earth, was God's son,

died and was resurrected and now sits at the right

hand of God in heaven and you pray in the name

of Jesus and he and his father and holy spirit dwell in you.

(4) Christian also means you believe Jesus is the only name

you can access God, everlasting life and life after death in any form.

(5) Christian means you are part of the Body of Christ,

which is mystical union. The Body of Christ is a spiritual union,

a priesthood of all believers. No "classes".

No divisions, no leaders, no organization,

no magazines that officiate for Christ.

Therefore since none of the above applies to Jehovah's Witnesses,

you are NOT a Christian. The Watchtower cannot save you,

does not give you "special knowledge", speaks lies, not truth,

leads you into spiritual darkeness, which is why you find so

many here completely without faith at all or belief

in God, because the Watchtower was not giving them

"spiritual food" it was giving them the idea they are

better than other people, superior,"special" because of

"special knowledge" when in fact they are not.

The Watchtower is creating spiritual DEATH.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Spirituality is connectiveness. Connection to other people, ALL other people,

Connection to the suffering of others, connection to the planet and the other

living beings and conscious minds, whether animal or human, connection to

unseen spiritual consciousness, to the invisible God, to his invisible Son, to the

Holy Spirit, to the forces that move and shape the universe.

Spirituality is of the mind, the spirit, and causes us to be more aware

of our own dependence and connectivity to all other beings.

The Watchtower is the very opposite of spirituality, it is isolating,

creates non-connectiveness, non-awareness,

mental blindness and spiritual death.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Good posts every one, I do see how the JW's really do lead to spirtual death, Thier idea that thier the truth and there all perfect, gods only religion really has chased people away from god alltogether. You see it here on this forum, once people see the really light the reaction is distain, anger and the feel sometimes to run away from god. Satan wins again. A person must give it time, when the chains of the JW thinking are released true knowledge can be released. I'm finding so much more insight in to the bible and learning so much more, and my appreation for God and Jesus is going way up!!! Just hang in there.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

LV101: On the other hand the scripture Tammy stated about not forsaking the gathering (or gathering others to Christ as she indicated) still leaves me questioning. I think the community, support, friendship, Bible studies, etc., some religious insitutions offer is good. I know I personally didn't feel any of this at the w/tower.

A little background info about Heb 10:24. It was the custom of those people at that time to gather for meals and then have discussions regarding the letters they had received from the Apostles, It became a custom to skip these events. There is absolutely no scripitual "Christian" outline for former "church" meetings. At this time in history the early Christians met in homes, there are a number scripitural references to this. I see you have had 1450 post, I am sure you have not heard this before. Going back to a Church, structured setting doing nothing more than keep one captive. You will never feel or find Christian love with the JWs. Where there is no TRUTH, there is no LOVE. So how can this type of setting really be good???? If there is no love? It seems to me that this is a contradiction in human nature and what Christ taught.

If you did some research into this scripture 1 Cor 11:27 you will notice these christians who gathered to celebrate the Lords evening meal gathered in a private home. The WTBTS uses this scripture to perpetrate the idea if you partake unworthly, than this is committing the unforgiveable sin. NOT TRUE!!!!!. What was happening here is this, these Christians were abusing this event, they skipped eating on this particular day and had their "personal" meal of the day at someone else's expence. Just look at vs 33-34. So the CUSTOM was to gather in small groups share a meal and then fellowship. NOT as we see it in todays eccelestical settings.

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no, more forever)

• LV101
    LV101

BrotheroftheHawk --- thank you for your time and info.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The 'where else would I go' argument is actually pretty weak.

If a person is actually concerned about truth then they should leave the JW religion. It makes absolutely no difference to have 'nowhere else to go' when 'where you are' isn't really any good either. (Of course, it's more complicated for people who 'stay in' for the sake of family. No judgement of such people is intended.)

But if they don't really care about actual truth and are happy to believe whatever they've been taught (which JWs accuse people of other religions), then they may as well remain as JWs. But if they don't care that it's not actually true, then don't try to convince others to join.

• LV101
    LV101

Unfortunately, seems most I know are "happy to believe whatever they've been taught." I think they care about truth but just go along with whatever they're fed.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

LV101 Your last post is very correct. People for the most part want to Live TRUTH and as long as they think they have it and live it, not much will change. IT IS THE COMFORT ZONE CYNDROME!!!!

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever )

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

If you did some research into this scripture 1 Cor 11:27 you will notice these christians who gathered to celebrate the Lords evening meal gathered in a private home. The WTBTS uses this scripture to perpetrate the idea if you partake unworthly, than this is committing the unforgiveable sin. NOT TRUE!!!!!. What was happening here is this, these Christians were abusing this event, they skipped eating on this particular day and had their "personal" meal of the day at someone else's expence. Just look at vs 33-34. So the CUSTOM was to gather in small groups share a meal and then fellowship. NOT as we see it in todays eccelestical settings.

Please notice that in; "the lords day" the gathering for memorial becomes a very individual event rather than something congregational:

Revelation 3:19-22

"‘All those for whom I have affection I reprove and discipline. Therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Look! I am standing at the door and knocking. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into his [house] and take the evening meal with him and he with me. 21 To the one that conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, even as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 Let the one who has an ear hear what the spirit says to the congregations.’"

So what the Watchtower teaches is even more insidious that Brother of the Hawk has indicated above!

Unless his, him and he could possibly mean their, them and they.

But it doesn't ...................... right!

In the Lords day this "gathering together" Watchtower Dogma is made completely redundant by ........................... Jesus Christ!

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit