Where else to go.I sticking up for the WTS.

by joe134cd 99 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Now I am going to do a rear thing here and I am going to stick up for the WTS. I realise that the WTS hasn't got the best of track record, and sure they have made mistakes. But if I was to go to another church wouldn't they still have the same issues. For example you have got the Momon church trying to explain how the american indians mitocondrial DNA would say they came from Asia and not the Middle East as the Book of Mormon would suggest. Pretty hard to argue against DNA evidence. 7th day Adventists have also had a bit of a checkered history concerning date setting. The Catholic Church with homosexuals and pedophiles and I think there situation would be worse than the witnesses. I mean for Gods sake even the boy scouts are been accused of covering up child abuse. In fighting and break away groups forming. The list goes on and on and on. What realy winds people up and causes them to shine light on the WT faults is that they are pissed at been thrown out (hey and i dont blame them). What also has to bear in mind is the WT has been around for nearly 140 years so I guess there will be some mistakes made along the way. So I realise that the Wt isn't the absolute truth, and have unscriptural practices e.g disfellowshipping, and they realy annoy me. So then I leave the WT and join another church to find they have the same issues. what then if I still want to remain a Christian?????????????? And the answer I don't want to hear is. They are all the same and don't go to church.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I'm in the same situation as you. Just follow Jesus the best you can. Maybe you can find others who do the same, but if not, just do your best. There's no perfect church; you probably have to find one that will treat you and your views with respect.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Hej,

Seems like you want to keep having a religion in your life, that is your choice and certainly not to be judged by me. However when Peter spoke to Jesus about leaving he did not speak of leaving a religion. He said that Jesus was the way, truth and life. That is very different than an organisation, church or group. I do not believe in God anymore so I feel no need to join a religion, if I did feel that need I would certainly keep Peter's words in mind and look to Jesus and him alone as the example to follow. I turned away from the WT when I could see that they were elevating themselves above Jesus and God, making commands of men more important than the example of Jesus.

All the best.

• bohm
  • 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Absorb yourself in theocratic activities and in personal WT study and in spreading the WTS's literature because the GT will soon strike, and you need to be in the spiritual ark (God's Organization).

And remember, recreation of the right kind and in the right amount has its place and can be refreshing. Even the desire for sexual relations with your marriage partner are fitting, kept in their place. If you head down to the beach, keep your formal clothes on please, you are representing Jehovah.

Enjoy the JW lifestyle in all it's glory I say.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

'And the answer I don't want to hear is. They are all the same and don't go to church.' --- The advice you don't want to hear... is usually the best advice.

• irondork
    irondork

Joe: What realy winds people up and causes them to shine light on the WT faults is that they are pissed at been thrown out

Hmm... actually, I got pissed long before I walked out.

The lies, deceit, distortions, power hungry elders who lord authority over the flock just like the rulers of the nations - the organization was trampling me down and I left for the purpose of salvaging my relationship with God.

Then they held my family hostage and tore up those relationships as a parting gift. That was the icing on the cake.

I know you're playing devils advocate here, stating what would be a typical JW response to an ex-JW (at least I hope that's what you're doing) but it all plays into the notion that JWs don't believe there is any valid reason for leaving the organization. The problem must be the individual's.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

'What realy winds people up and causes them to shine light on the WT faults is that they are pi**ed at been thrown out' --- It seems that you already know the difference between them and other groups of fanatics with their heads stuck in the sand then, don't you? If you even try to raise your head out of the sand.. The WT insists that either an elder push your head back under, you do so voluntarily, or you must leave the 'nursery' and never speak to your friends/family again.(I'm describing religion as groups of children, in case you don't get why I used the word nursery. And most belief/doctrinal systems are as shallow as a childs sand pit, once you start to dig.) Besides, what specifically are you trying to defend about them, as I must have missed it.. ? That there are other groups that are as bad, or worse? Perhaps not joining them would be the answer?

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Dear Joe,

It is a very good question and the answer isn't easy for a Jehovah's Witness... why? Because it has been hammered in our system that all other religions are bad and will be destroyed. They may be right about it but their backup with the socalled prophecies is weak at best.

Religion itself is a bad thing... the thing is that all these organisations have one big malfunction: they have humans leading them... and humans hunger at power and money.

So where to go? Can we be enlightened by Christ Jesus? Yes we can! Read the scriptures, soak it up without any explanation of a religion... and you will see that following Christ Jesus is something else then following a religion.

My experience is that I feel free now... free of the slavery of men.

• steve2
    steve2

There's absolutely nothing wrong in your desire to seek refuge in a physical organization that sings its own praises. Go for it. You'll know when you've really "made it" when you convince yourself as much as you have tried to convince others of your motives. Remember the two golden rules you need to follow if you go back to your local Kingdom Hall:

Leave your muddy boots and your mind at the door...and for your conscience's sake, you may need to say "Bye bye" to this forum. Unless your comfort level can tolerate a muddy boot in both camps?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit