Where else to go.I sticking up for the WTS.

by joe134cd 99 Replies latest jw friends

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I believe they're deluded, because they seem to regard themselves as mythological semi-gods ...ahem... kings of the heavenly kingdom, already chosen by Christ, and behave as if they're beyond any scrutiny from their brethren.

Absolutely!

2 Thessalonians 2:3-12

3 Let no one seduce YOU in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction. 4 He is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone who is called "god" or an object of reverence, so that he sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god. 5 Do YOU not remember that, while I was yet with YOU, I used to tell YOU these things?

6 And so now YOU know the thing that acts as a restraint, with a view to his being revealed in his own due time. 7 True, the mystery of this lawlessness is already at work; but only till he who is right now acting as a restraint gets to be out of the way. 8 Then, indeed, the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will do away with by the spirit of his mouth and bring to nothing by the manifestation of his presence. 9 But the lawless one’s presence is according to the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and portents 10 and with every unrighteous deception(delusion) for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth that they might be saved. 11 So that is why God lets an operation of error go to them, that they may get to believing the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.

Jehovah's Witnesses take pleasure in unrighteousness

They love THE LIE.

Millions Now Living Will Nver Die ............. They positively will not die!

The original sin!

Satan`s success has been spectacular!

abe

• freckles12
    freckles12

God is love.

Jesus is the way the truth and the life: He has given a "text book" to follow, a guide

Love God with all your heart mind and soul, love your neighbor as yourself: ten commandments all roled up into two easy "laws".

When two or more are gathered in his (Jesus) name he is there. We do not need the GB, or an organization.

Jesus is our mediator : we do not need a religion.

We are social creatures and like to be around like minded people. If you need a place with people, find one while you are learning to be a peace and at home with yourself and your God. This is a good place to start.

Find happiness, have hope, be joyful.

for God is love

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

Sounds to me like youre sick and tired of organization. Try living without perscribing to any organizastion, as best you can. Organaizations that require obedience and dictate how their members should live, are bound to be corrupted at some point. Try thinking for yourself for a while, decide for yourself how you should live and what is moral and immoral. Your individuality should be celebrated.

Nose

• talesin
    talesin

unstoppable ravens

That is great! However, you are not the creator of this thread, so your choice of church is irrelevant to my comment.

I am an atheist myself, and do not care to attend any church. However, I wished to offer assistance to the OP. Knowing how kind and all-encompassing the UU Church is, I think it's a good place to start for recovering Jehovah's Witnesses if they are still people of 'faith'.

xo

tal

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hello Joe,

Well your question got alot of traction. There are some good simple answers to think about, and others just sharing their opinion. I will basically offer the same. The fact that you don't want to hear any particular answer is maybe something consider. In other words, you are willing to entertain ideas that fall within parameters you have already set? Hmmm.

My main issue with JW's as I fade away (I am mid-fade, getting the wife out, throwing a few comments to friends, and its going well), is not error, its not false teaching doctrinally, its not even evolving doctrine........its the arrogance and the enforcement of belief through shunning and ostracizing. its the culture that cannot be permiated or questioned, without having yourself subject to modern day inquisitions and possible banishment where even the natural bond between loved ones is broken.

There are much more good people than bad that are JW's. But this is not a people thing. It is a POLICY thing. You can be an adventist, and publicly disagree with something. Same goes for pretty much every religion sans Mormons, JW's, and Scientologists. Scientologists and JW's have a ton in common when it comes to enforcement of belief, and the cutting of ties with family members.

I like the Unitarians too.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

talesin :point takin lol

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Religion is a snare and a racket.....

In ancient Isreal I imagine when everyone was headed up to the hill to toss another child to Molech, someone said "but all my friends are going...where else would I go"? I want to be loyal to the "organization"!

Today WTBTS want you to offer up children to a twisted misunderstanding of the sacredness of life (Blood), Pedophelia, mind control and education (no college).

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm with problemaddic, the fact that their so arragant and unwilling to let any one discuss anything contrary to thier views is sickening. Their policies with shunning and thier blood doctrine are also a big problem. I would quit tomorrow over thier blood doctrine if it were not for family.

• LV101
    LV101

wow -- I don't think people are p_____ off (I hate that word) but angry for having been subjected to the charlatan's schemes in the first place not to mention losing their childhoods, parents, years of their lives and a jillion other horrifying experiences. Sure they're in pain losing family and any lifetime, brainwashed, friends. What a blessing they've received as true freedom comes at big price and isn't for the weak.

I was not disfellowshipped and was miserable from day one trying to digest it all. Trying to fit into God's house (OMG what a joke that is). Not only did my brain scream out but my physical body couldn't stand it ALL BECAUSE I was STUPID and wanted/believed in the magazines and fell into the mess as an adult along with my sibling. Talk about one mean, dysfunctional, evil, place. Becoming too sick to attend saved me --- my brain's synaps finally charged (there was no internet websites available at this time) and that was it for me. Sure made me appreciate other religions not that I want anything to do with them.

If you fit in and don't mind losing your life's precious time to their delusional scheme have at it.

• LV101
    LV101

If I had time to burn I'd check out the Unitarians and appreciate all the positive feedback here as it's good to know. I sure loved the Baptist church I attended as a child and appreciate listening to educated ministers once in a blue moon on radio. I attended various xtian demoninations with childhood friends and they were great. Anything is better than the evil tower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit