Where else to go.I sticking up for the WTS.

by joe134cd 99 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I agree with the posters who at you should not be in any church until you come to terms with the experience of being a dub. Even when you know TTATT, your thinking is still very much influenced by the Watchtower. You may find yourself seeking something similar to dubism without realizing it. Read the bible, clear your head and then think about what you want out of a church experience.

I waited 13 years, but then found I missed being part of a spiritual community. I think I have found a home in the United Church of Christ (UCC). They are very welcoming, and I find I am looking forward to Sunday mornings, something that never happened in my years as a dub. This is new for me - haven't joined yet, but I like it very much. I am not trying to push any church, but when you are ready, it's one to consider. If you want a very conservative church that believes in a literal interpretation of the bible, this isn't it. But if you seek a more liberal church that allows for individuality and is active in charitable works, this is it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am very sorry I went to that site, JanetB. Talk about visual and verbal overload. It will take a while to scrub my mind clean.

• hellenback
    hellenback

I would say the answer is simple. Religion is the problem not the solution. Jesus Christ is not at fault Neither is God apart from the fact that he allows religion to abuse his name whatever they call themselves. The Pentecostal used jesus law to his disciples in Luke 10:27 27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

The Bible & gods love are all you need & Love of friends & Family. You don't need religion or church. In fact I only felt true spirituality when out amongst the creation never in a kingdom hall or church.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Once one has found Jesus, one asks instead: "WHOM else shall I go away to?"

As to going to church.

There is no such thing in scripture.

All believers form the spiritual body of Christ - the church (or Ekklesia).

They don't go to church. They are the church.

We need to be the church - not go to a building erroneously called a church.

Those looking for God in a building are materialistic: "The God that made the world and all the things in it, being, as this One is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples" (Acts 17:24).

Such ones walk by carnal, temporal flesh and not by spirit.

(1 Corinthians 2:14, 15) ...But a physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know [them], because they are examined spiritually. However, the spiritual man examines indeed all things, but he himself is not examined by any man.

Where religion (materialism) abides the "unabridged gospel" perishes, by design (2 Cor 4:4).

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Fernando
    Fernando

BTW

Legalism is apostasy (rule making and rule keeping).

Moralism is apostasy.

Ethnocentrism is apostasy (doctrinal supremacy and dissection of trivial minutia - born at Nicaea and embraced by the Watchtower).

Gnosticism is apostasy (supposed special knowledge about/from God - instead of a relationship with father and son - John 17:3 NWT vs KIT)

The Watchtower pushes religion to the max and hence has all the above in spades.

God says clearly: "get out of her my people".

Did you know that until the early 1950's the Watchtower correctly taught that ALL religion is a snare and a racket?

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• cassuk11
    cassuk11

Why dont you stick up for the Messiah instead. He fulfilled everything in the 1st century. Since then mankind especailly believers deny him by saying the end is to come, it is to come. "truly i tell you, some of you standing here (not us, the disciples) would not die until the son of man comes in his Kingdom"

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

There would be no true worship of God in a building or organization. Jesus was teaching the samaritan woman that it was going to be individuals worshipping in spirit & truth. WTBT$ has done a pretty good job of exposing all the other religions of having poison in their beliefs, so when we find that poison int he WTBT$, we lose our anchor. Our security. But Jesus also said tht he came not to bring peace to the earth, but fire and divisions. It's not easy, but we have to go out to sea and rely on God & Jesus to finish our training and show us the real truth.

[NWT] John 4:

Peace be with you

The woman said to him: “Sir, I perceive you are a prophet. 20 Our forefathers worshiped in this mountain; but YOU people say that in Jerusalem is the place where persons ought to worship.” 21 Jesus said to her: “Believe me, woman, The hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will YOU people worship the Father. 22 YOU worship what YOU do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation originates with the Jews. 23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.”

• LV101
    LV101

If church is out of the question for some xtians (I'm not disagreeing) then why are they a part of the Bible --- you know, the ones Jesus was reprimanding, commending, etc. Is it because one can educate themselves in today's world re/God/Jesus.

• Fernando
    Fernando

LV101, those who have done more research on this may be able to help.

What I understand is that those who were/are (part of) the one spiritual body/gathering/assembly/church/ekklesia in Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea (literal and representative) were/are called to fellowship/commune together at any place and time - sometimes by arrangement (like weekly or monthly) but mostly spontaneously 24/7/365 (as friends, family, workmates and community).

Admittedly the plural congregations/churches, as translated in Revelation, takes some explaining if there is only one spiritual body/gathering/assembly/church/ekklesia.

If someone has some insights to share regarding translation and Hebrew/Greek/Aramaic that may be a big help.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)
  • LV101
    LV101

Fernando --- Thank you for your prompt reply and BTW, I always enjoy reading your comments.

I sometimes catch a minister on radio (he has quite a call-in following -- I think his name is Steve Greg and his website is The Narrow Path). He attends various churches (or said he used to) but says there's millions of xtians in the world today following Christ that are no part of a church/religion and because of religions' apostacy (he didn't necessarily use that word but their unscriptural dogma) seems to indicate they are taking the right course. I don't know because I've heard other ones say the opposite. Anyway, it's confusing to me.

Anyway this particular preacher (I don't know if he's referred to as this but just a disciple) is self supporting and doesn't feel ministers should be paid and feels tithes should not be paid but a xtian should give as much as they possibly can toward whatever Christ said -- and he does that himself. He does lecture in various cities and asks for donations only to cover broadcasting expenses. It's amazing the calls he receives from men and the questions about JWs from both male/female.

Thanks, again ---

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit