I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 423 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Slim, that was in reference to group members that have commented on the group page about the issue. I can see who has left and who has stayed by looking at the members list. I am not referencing the 1300+ that are still members.

I agree with you out of the current members many may choose to leave and I am watching it and I am watching new members that have requested to join.

I was not trying to focus on anything with the punchlist. I hoped my observations could lead to productive discussion.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

An ancient Chinese proverb says: "Man who sits on fence for long time, undecided about his future, get's bloody balls." The lesson here is that, if you want one foot in the "tuth" and one foot in the "world", expect a little (or a lot) of blood, and...it's going to be very uncomfortable. In this day and age of open social media, there is no such thing as a "secret group". You WILL get found out.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

While Cedars is respected by the majority there a some members that are definitely not his fans.

Which I would kind of consider a sign of a healthy community, really. We're individuals now, allowed to express individual opinions on things. We're not a collective mindset, we're not JW's anymore. We are allowed to agree and disagree, to like and dislike things based on our own individual preferences and perspective.

Some ExJWs become Christians, some become atheists. Some attack the WT by exposing flaws in their doctrine vs. scripture, others attack the WT by exposing weaknesses of the Bible as an authoritative reference. I don't watch every one of Cedars videos, the ones I've seen tended to attack the Governing Body sepecifically - basically character assassinations - which doesn't interest me personally. I can appreciate though that his particular line of attack might wake up JWs concerned about GB matters - personally I would have just turned it off as apostate propaganda had I seen it while fading.

Really though, it shouldn't be expected that everyone agree with Cedars or his approach. We are not of one mindset here, we are free to think what we want, for ourselves.

- Lime

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Slims right. I'd never have known that Bo Juel Jensen had added me to the group if there hadn't been a need for me to change my Facebook password. I'll bet there are hundreds that are still unaware of the AAWA timebomb ticking on their newsfeed/timelines . . . .

Why hasn't that FB group been deleted yet?!

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Lime

Nico, I had some great things to say about you when you posted. Unfortunately I dont think you received them? You ask a very pertinent question and it continues to be addressed in the AAWA group as well.

Personally I feel time is of the essence. The longer this festers, the more damage it could cause AAWA.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea that's kind of a white wash. There's more to it and really, it's still unraveling as we speak. Little by little, other will find themselves answering to their relatives for their facebook friends

• Simon
    Simon
    While Cedars is president of the AAWA, I also believe it is important to hold the WHOLE board of the the AAWA responsible for this disaster.

Agreed. The AAWA as an organization is responsible for what it's members / representatives do.

I did think it was 'just' Cedars that was the problem but having seen the despicable stunt they pulled to try and cause more harm and shift blame (page 9 on this topic) plus the otherwise defening silence from the rest of them one can only assume they all agree with what is going on and support it.

I don't believe they can though, surely someone must be doubting what is going on, so hopefully someone will step up and take control. They have this on their 'who we are' page:

5. Executive Responsibility

Any advisory board member, whether a director or otherwise, found to be engaging in activities that misrepresent AAWA or serve to sabotage its efforts ... will be dismissed. AAWA asks its volunteers to be vigilant, and to assist by reporting any such conduct either on the part of associates or members of the advisory board.

Doesn't this mean that the President and the guy who says the president lives with him should be dismised? I'd like to know how anyone could have sabotaged their efforts any better than has happened.

Remember: Evil happens when good people do nothing.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Simon I agree. Who knows, I may be breaking the rules posting my observations of the group here. There are a bunch of great people actively participating on the AAWA group page. Many are bringing up points of contention and concern. As I stated above some issues are being addressed and modified, some issues are being discussed and some issues are being set aside for the time. Just as it is unfair to stereotype JWN and its members based on the posts of some, nobody should think ALL AAWA members are blindly following leadership without confrontation of pertinent issues. Time will tell how the machine is oiled or not.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I'll bet there are hundreds that are still unaware of the AAWA timebomb ticking on their newsfeed/timelines . . . .

That was my point from the very beginning. The train wreck was completely avoidable if there was concern and action on AAWA's part.

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

Oh? Thats strange. It wasn't irrelevant this morning when you were on your soapbox. My my, you have changed your tune. Having made a fuss this morning about Besty's identity being compromised by a post on facebook, when you realised his identity was already widely known, you suddenly switch to defending his honour instead.

You're a real piece of work

Uh, nope. I haven't been inconsistent or "changed my tune" or "suddenly switched to" anything at all. Read everything I wrote and try again. (Though I may, in fact, be a piece of work, but that's neither here nor there.)

Whether Besty's real name is known or not (and clearly not everybody knows it or associates it with his JWN name so far; I certainly didn't), for Julia Barrick Douglas to abuse her capacity as AAWA moderator to post his name and photo on that Facebook page and libel him was unconscionable. She used official AAWA resources to make false statements about him, publicly settle a personal score, and call for the shunning/shaming of a fellow ex-JW, all for the "crime" of making AAWA look like idiots by proving their lies false. You'll note that she didn't dispute the names or numbers at all; only took umbrage with them being made public (because AAWA had already put out an official statement lying about those). It was wildly and spectacularly unprofessional and flat-out WRONG, what she did.

And it looks like some saner/cooler head at AAWA than Richard Kelly must have figured that out and prevailed, because the post was finally removed (though they first sanctioned it, let it stand for hours and, to my knowledge, have issued absolutely no apology or retraction thus far).

But keep fishing, doll. AAWA, as it is currently run, is an unprofessional bunch of hacks, children playing in the sandbox at being "executives". Deal with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit