I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 423 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• usualusername
    usualusername

wha happened?

Something tells me you are not a happy bunny...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

actually I'm a fairly postive guy. Ck with some of the posters here I know and have met personally. I can be somewhat of a jokester. I do carry a big load sometimes, but that's what mature, reputable people do, and I don't whine about it. But excuse me for calling BS when I see it

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Their site is still down. Perhaps they are installing their own forum plugin.

• baltar447
    baltar447

This is NOT a secret group, I can search for it and see it's whole page it's wide open

• Simon
    Simon

You are probably looking at the facebook 'page' (public) and not the 'group' (secret).

However, if you want to see ALL the people who are in the group, you just need to ask to be added.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

However, if you want to see ALL the people who are in the group, you just need to ask to be added.

ugh no thanks. Hey whats with the font change when I change the color of the text?

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Wha happened -- I think you're spot on about the anger. Whether intentional or not, AAWA comes across as angry. Their name is so off-putting for this reason. It is a negative name. It is a name which would frighten any JW or even a JW with doubts or questions.

Steve Hassan recommends gentleness, kindness, sublety... When you're dealing with MIND CONTROL and cognitive dissonance, you can't throw bricks and gauntlets down, it only drives the person further into that which you want them to get away from.

I do not know Cedars, but I've appreciated many of his posts on his jwsurvey website.

The AAWA video brought me to tears when I first watched it. After seeing it, I couldn't stop crying for awhile -- there was so much emotion in the video! and you could feel and understand the people's pain.

But now.... now it's all gone to shit.

There was a great post (in another thread?) where a person (shoot, can't remember name) said that most people do not want to fight an organization, their fight is for their families. It is a personal fight. Once the family member is rescued or recovered, they're out. They're done. They want to walk away from the WTBTS and JW-world and get on with their lives. Which is why people do not flock to join organizations like "Anti-Scientology" or "Anti-Mormom", etc. This makes sense to me and reflects what most people want and how they want to help and to what extent.

- Muddy

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"There was a great post (in another thread?) where a person (shoot, can't remember name) said that most people do not want to fight an organization, their fight is for their families. It is a personal fight. Once the family member is rescued or recovered, they're out. They're done. They want to walk away from the WTBTS and JW-world and get on with their lives. Which is why people do not flock to join organizations like "Anti-Scientology" or "Anti-Mormom", etc. This makes sense to me and reflects what most people want and how they want to help and to what extent."

Now this is a recipe for recovery. Most people want to move on, but their relatives are still in so they go back for them.

The only area I would see a continuation of interest is the fight against the pedo policies of the WT. The little ones are not in a position for recovery. They are still vicitmized

• Simon
    Simon
    There was a great post (in another thread?) where a person (shoot, can't remember name) said that most people do not want to fight an organization, their fight is for their families. It is a personal fight. Once the family member is rescued or recovered, they're out. They're done. They want to walk away from the WTBTS and JW-world and get on with their lives. Which is why people do not flock to join organizations like "Anti-Scientology" or "Anti-Mormom", etc. This makes sense to me and reflects what most people want and how they want to help and to what extent.

I agree with that.

There is a danger that the ones who are left who want to 'fight' are the more embittered (whether justly or not) and focused on hurting the thing they oppose more than helping others escape and this can easily make a group more extreme.

Instead of Anti-Watchtower which is never going to have mass appeal, something like "Pro Religious Choice" (or freedoms) would be better as this would be non-denominational and something that potentially other non-WTS people could get involved in such as Mormons and Scientologist. No one would ever stand up and say "we object to people having freedom!" and it emphasises the fundamental number ONE issue which is that people should be allowed to chose the religion they want to follow without any censure or retaliation for doing so.

Trying to push for 'talks with the GB' is just grandstanding IMO and is just never going to happen. Why would they be any different to the millions of other people who have left?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well it takes an over inflated sense of self, to be convinced that it's realistic and possible, a one on one engagement with the GB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit