AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Scott77
    Scott77

Me neither, Jonesy,, why do I not feel left out? :P

talesin

The answer is that mrsjones5 and talesin are 'senior strolls' Lol. Sorry everyone,I do not mean it.

Scott77

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

First my apologies to those of you who were added to a group without your permission.

The only thing I can say is that some people got enthusiastic and must have been clicking on the names that were "suggestions" instead of waiting for requests to join.

There are several Facebook groups now based on the various needs and goals of the group. I have started 2 and NO ONE will be added to them without permission both ways. Mind you I am in charge of the recovery and support issues so confidentiality is almost a given there. It will be respected. Both groups are "secret" so no one will even see them unless they are invited and accept.

Other groups are open or private. If you have been added to any type of group whether it is an AAWA group or some other group you deserve to be respected. So again my apologies for the overenthusiasm of people in adding you to the group. Believe me no one meant to offend even by suggesting that you leave the group.

I will however bring this issue up to the board and to the group where this happened if it hasn't already been addressed.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am sorry that happened to you. My team lead provided privacy advice right up front and suggested that I set up a separate profile from my regular account. Something like that would have prevented this sort of thing from happening.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What does "senior stroll" mean?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Finally, an acknowledgment of what happened on FB. I had no idea I was added until yesterday. Does the President have a comment?

Damage was done. I'm out.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Just kidding around. There is no such thing as a 'senior stroll'. Lol, Mrs Jones, never mind . You are great person. The word 'senior' probably has to do with the length of time you have been here since 2004 and your pal talesin a year before you. That's way long and good as such.

Scott77

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's cool Scott.

Cheers *thats ginger ale*

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Dagney and others -

There were a few overeager folks - definitely not associated with AAWA - who took it upon themselves to use the Facebook auto referral feature and link literally hundreds of new members to our FB group site without our knowledge. That site was supposed to be a private, protected FB page, but we realized that over 1300 folks were suddenly members, many whom we did not know at all.

Our elation quickly turned to panic.

We knew that something was terribly wrong, but we faced the dilemma as to how to determine who wanted to be on the group from those who had been added and linked there without their knowledge.

Obviously, the site was no longer "private." We decided to make it an open group and let those who wanted to stay to remain, those who wanted to leave to opt out.

For now, my suggestion is that if you are getting any messages from the AAWA site via Facebook and you did not join our page on your own, please immediately opt out. I can assure you that none of your personal information has been retained. We won't be offended and understand your displeasure with the situation.

I have personally contacted the primary person responsible (not a member or associate of AAWA) asked that person to cease and desist from linking anyone without their knowledge or permission. We are confident that this was not done maliciously, but rather due to over eagerness to try to show support for our group. There may be others besides this one person who were also over-enthusiastic about our group and were just trying to help, but at this stage we have not identified any one taking action at that same level.

I apologize on behalf of the AAWA advisory group (many are sound asleep at this hour) and am personally sorry that we didn't act in a more assertive manner sooner. But what is done is done and now we must move on.

The good news is that the Facebook page is, in fact, now open to ANYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN THE DISCUSSION...

JV

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

Juan,

I know the person who added me and several others is associated with AAWA or at least on some sort of planning committee, because that person also approached me on Cedars' behalf quite a while back to request that I film a testimonial for the YouTube video, while it was still in the planning stages. In fact, this person was very concerned that details about the organization be kept private, as it was still a secret.

• wasblind
    wasblind

No Offense Juan

It don't bode to well when non members can cause havoc

Jus' sayin

That's like havin your hands tied behind your back

when they should be on the steerin wheel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit