AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Can anyone tell me what's the Facebook name?

• Scott77
    Scott77

I thought also that individuals cannot join a group without his or her confirmation. Its a two way process. Like if I invite you to be my facebook friend, you would of course either reject or accept my friendship invitation. However, this may not work out if all friends are already my facebook friends and a new facebook group is within my control or linked to my facebook account. In this way, I can easily add anyone within my facebook list of friends without his or her permission or confirmation. And those individuals have options to remove themselves from the group. Simple as that.

Some one suggested the name to be Association of Recovering Jehovah's Witnesses. (ARJW). s or I do not know if this name also would have been likeable: The Truth About Watchtower Association,Inc. (TWA). Unsure where to add Activisits. Lol, still though,

The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists is the winner

Its great to cerebrate and drink great beer .

Scott77

Scott77

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

Facebook apparently added a feature (which everybody hates) a couple years ago allowing you to unilaterally add anybody to a group. You can remove yourself and at the time of removal, click a box preventing anybody else from that group from re-adding you, but it doesn't undo the damage that was done before you notice that you've been added to said group.

Zuckerberg got a taste of his own medicine when someone added him without his consent to the NAMBLA Facebook page:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2010/10/08/mark-zuckerberg-quits-nambla-and-facebook-downplays-privacy-criticisms-over-groups/

So yeah, the feature remains available on Facebook. But socially, most people I know consider it rude and even unethical to add someone to a page without their consent. No, it's not as "simple" as just removing yourself if you don't like the group. It's not simple for the people on earlier pages of this thread who were outed. Try telling them it's "simple" as they now face a grilling from their family and friends, or even elders.

• talesin
    talesin

I thought also that individuals cannot join a group without his or her confirmation. Its a two way process. Like if I invite you to be my facebook friend, you would of course either reject or accept my friendship invitation.

NOTE:

You can be added to a Facebook group without your knowledge or consent.

Heads up, peeps!

tal

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I didn't get an invite.

• talesin
    talesin

Me neither, Jonesy,, why do I not feel left out? :P

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Haha!

• talesin
  • thecrushed
    thecrushed

This is the reason i removed myself from facebook long ago.

• talesin
    talesin

lol, you don't have to belong to ex-JW groups to be on Facebook,,,,,,, drrr! :P

just say NO! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit