First mention of "new light" may appear in July 15, 2013 Watchtower

by cedars 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• alanv
    alanv

I do think we all have to remember the latest revelations that Cedars will tell us about, are simply that. They are the latest attempt to try and make sense of what is happening in the world and in the organisation. The society regularly changes things as it becomes obvious that what they have said before has now proved to be absolute rubbish.

Whatever the society say will be digested by the sheep and accepted. It does not really matter whet the governing body say. As long as witnesses feel the GB is the channel God is using, they will accept all that is said. And even if they do not believe all of it, they will simply 'wait on Jehovah' to sort it out.

Most of us I am sure never believed everything we were told, but just put it to one side, with the hope that things would become clearer in the coming days and months.

So I do not believe that any new revelations will make much difference to the society in the long run. Just like every time before, there will be a little hic up then everything continues as normal.

The main difference will come as more and more people worldwide get access to the internet where they can read what the society would never tell them. That is the way that increase will start to become decrease. But in my view not by any 'new light' changes.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Note, however, that the word "slave" In Jesus' illustration is singular, indicating that this is a composite slave.

What bovine excrement!

This is another ''evidently'' statement.

Slave = Singular & Singular = Composite

What on earth...?? What a crafty corporation.

Why wouldn't Jesus just say 'composite'?

...oh, wait.....Jesus could have said anything and it'd simply mean what ever the GB says it means.

• pixel
    pixel

According to thefreedictionary.com:

Singular: Being only one; individual.

Composite: Made up of distinct components; compound. (More than one)

According to the WT/FDS/GB:

Singular and composite are synonymous.

English language at its best.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"See the dog run."

Note that the word "dog" here is singular, indicating a composite dog

• pixel
    pixel

Well, a dog is made out of different parts, the nose, the head, the legs, the...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Does that mean there's only 1 paedophile in the organization(TM) because they're ''evidently(TM)'' ''composite(TM)''?

• *lost*
    *lost*

from a book.

Who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave ?

..... the watchtowers interpretation of of this simple illustration has rendered Christian Watchfullness entirely unnecessary since jw believe that Jesus' thief like coming already occured back in 1914. EVEN THOUGH some wt articles also apply the parable to a FUTURE COMING OF CHRIST, the fundamental teaching teaching is that the faithfull slave has already been appoionted over all the masters belongings, WHICH CLEARLY CONTRADICTS Christ's parable.

WT jan15 2001 - ''the faithful slave has been 'appointed over all his masters belongings'. These INCLUDE facilities at headquarters in NY state, U.S.A and the branches operating world-wide. the members of the slave class know that they will be called upon to render an account for the way in which they have used what has been entrusted to them.

back to book ...

the above statement is not accurate. First, the wt states that the faithful slave has been appointed over all of the facilities of the society. But even assuming that the governing body represents the WORLD WIDE BODY OF anointed Christians, the Governing Body DOES NOT control the various legal entities and facillities that come under the umbrella of the WTBTS incorporated.

In 2000 the GB resigned from positiionos on the seven member board of directors and ENTUSTED COMPLETE CONTROL and OWNERSHIP of the society to a board MADE UP EXCLUSIVELY OF NON-ANOINTED INDIVIDUALS.

The Governing Body no longer has any legal authority as regards the operation and ownership of the WTBTS.

The implications of these actions are that the GB has made GOD'S ANOINTED CONGREGATION ...... SUBJECT TO the board of directors of the wt inc.

How likely is it that Jesus would consent to his faithful slave ABDICATING THEIR CONTROL OVER 'HIS BELONGINGS' to persons not even professing to be of the so-called slave class ? it is unthinkable that Christ woyuld sanction such actions.

So anyone with half a brain can figure it all out jsut by reading this book, so far to p44. If we are to 'reason' on all things taught, then clearly we can see, it is fake. it is all trickery and the people have been fooled. JW's don't really see it, there are being herded together, selectively bred and enslvved to an organisation not in under Gods control ... but Satan's, the very thing they are preaching against is what they have become controlled by.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

It reminds me of 1971 when the elder arrangment came out. Everyone was so surprised by it all. Thrilled that new light came out. What a progressive orgaization we had. On and On and On. Every so many years the WT has to do this to keep their flock from becoming bored. They will be chewing on this for years now. Eating all this up and thinking how wonderful the GB is in giving them this new so called light. It is the oldest trick in town. Keep them guessing. This way the flock will think they know something that no one else knows. Are we not great the wonderful.

Totally ADD

• alanv
    alanv

Totally ADD that is so true, and really what I was trying to say earlier. Apparantly it is not just witnesses that get excited about all this. It is many on this site too.

• cedars
    cedars

For those awaiting my article, I'm sorry to disappoint but it has taken slightly longer than I anticipated to put together. I'm hoping to have something up on the website within the next 12-24 hours. Thanks for your patience!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit