Noooooooo! So do I!

(Waiting with bated breath LOL)

Alec

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

No pressure, cedars. ;-)

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, I'll just wait for the actual article and figure it out for myself. I respect the bravery of your source, Cedars, but I don't think it makes sense for such a person to risk compromising themselves by even talking about it in any detail so far ahead of its release. But I guess just about everyone's a better double agent than I ever was...

Hmm. There's been so much about this doctrine that it seems confusing to even ponder. But that paragraph you posted--it goes to show just how illogical this entire idea is, that even the fact that 'slave' is singular is relevant to the discussion when they're talking about several people making up one body of people... The way they're talking about it, I'm surprised they don't just capitalize the title in the literature. Because when you're talking about a composite entity, it makes me think of something like...well, like the Trinity, for lack of a better term. '8 in one', I suppose. So, then, does that mean there are actually 8 faithful slaves or just one slave? It's a mystery!

No, but someone described it well when they said it's like Captain Planet. "By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!"

I really do look forward to it. I think after reading such a profound and deep spiritual topic, I will be moved to shame, repent of my sins, and return to Jehovah's organization, which is so clearly led by its 'faithful and discreet slave' class. I eagerly look forward to being raised to the status of a 'domestic' in God's eyes.

--sd-7

• Eustace
    Eustace

Note, however, that the word "slave" In Jesus' illustration is singular, indicating that this is a composite slave.

There are no words.

• Eustace
    Eustace

The decisions of the Governing Body are thus made collectively.

The Governing Body are the Faithful and Discreet Slave

This I know

Because the Governing Body tells me so.

• mind blown
    mind blown

can't wait for that one!

The last conversation I had with a family member, was how the WTS is always changing doctrine, but kept mums about the FDS.

JW masses are the last to know. JWN usually knows before they do.....so it will be a rude awakening for my family......then again, maybe not. But at least the seeds have been planted.

• soontobe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit