First mention of "new light" may appear in July 15, 2013 Watchtower

by cedars 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• alanv
    alanv

I seem to remember from the original posting about this that the FADS made their appearance after Charles Russell had died. So without saying so, they are saying that anything that Russell said was his own speculation, which is why he got so much wrong. It is meant to show witnesses that the holy spirit only began flowing on the governing body after Russell's death. There has been so much exposing Russell on the internet they had to find something to cover themselves. This new light has done that.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

For Alanv --- "' The evidence points to the following conclusion: “The faithful and discreet slave” was appointed over Jesus’ domestics in 1919. " Russell was dead, therefore not FDS according to them.. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/242062/1/Its-Official-The-Governing-Body-IS-the-Faithful-and-Discreet-Slave-Annual-Meeting-Report-jw-org

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, Russell has well and truly been put out to pasture. Now he's just a weird old guy with a beard who founded the Society and passed it on to Rutherford so it could be appointed as God's chosen organization. Just a warm-up for the main act, I guess.

As you can see, there is little or no elaboration from what was announced at the Annual Meeting. If all of the material is like this, then it might as well have been lifted directly from the notes that were used on the platform in October.

You're assuming there IS other material! I wouldn't assume that... I have a strong feeling that this is it.

It will be interesting to see whether any other parts of the article attempt to explain, for example, how a "Slave" that was chosen in 1919 is still being chosen on an ongoing basis as previous members of the Board of Directors / Governing Body die off (or resign!). They really SHOULD try to explain this for the new teaching to have any sort of credibility, but I won't be holding my breath.

Are you familiar with the expression, "Not with a bang but a whimper"? A few conductors will draw attention to the new light, but for the most part people will be yawning while this paragraph is considered and not notice anything. Out of the few who notice, no one will be looking for a deeper explanation. It is what it is. The Society knows that it's best not to draw attention to this particular shift in doctrine since they can slip it by. Why arouse people's curiosity if you don't have to?

• clarity
    clarity

Cantleave's litebulb illustrates exactly how this cults teachings

are getting weaker & sillier as they go along.

>

Right now I think they would JUMP on anything they could

manipulate into looking like "mutton dressed as lamb"

and the sheep just love it!

>

>

Its almost as if they are making it up as they go along.....sheesh!

Pam's Girl .......sorry had to do it love!

clarity

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I am looking forward to reading how that brown nugget of "noolight" is worded and couched.

zed

• sir82
    sir82

Cedars,

To me, the most significant part of the "new light" is not that the GB is FDS - as noted, pretty much everybody already knew that was it, at least in practice.

The more significant part is that the "faithful and discreet slave" did not even exist until 1919. That is a biggie - as noted, it throws Russell (and old-time WT faves like Polycarp, Tyndale, Newton, etc.) under the bus.

Can your "source" provide the wording of how they determined the 1919 date for the "new light"?

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

cedars, this is all begining to sound quite deep throaty

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" the only other change that makes sense is having the 'other sheep' included in the 'domestics.' "

They did this. Why? They didn't have to. The r&f will accept anything the GB says, even the Elders will not question what appears in the WT mag. So, WHY??? Now they have two classes of domestics?!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

@ DATA-DOG - Well there is that. But seeing as the OS have long been recipients of the FDS's feeding program, they are described as servants/slaves and part of the congregation, etc., then how come they weren't classed domestics in the household of faith? Besides, the OS have been brought in from the cold, outer courtyard of the Gentiles to the naos, they are (almost or 'in a sense') classed as 'Israel' so making them 'domestics' too is another step toward breaking down class distinctions - as far as the r&f go, anyway.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I think this is fairly significant in the GB eyes! They need to start to distance themselves from Russell and now they can claim that he was not part of the F&DS...

So all his wacky teachings could change without affecting the appointment of the F&DS...so let's throw 1914 out the window? No problem!

Of course, Rutherford was just as wacky and he was not dead in 1918/19 so....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit