First mention of "new light" may appear in July 15, 2013 Watchtower

by cedars 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

A trusted source informs me that the "new light" about the Faithful Slave is to make its first printed appearance in the July 15th Watchtower, which should be available for download online three weeks from now, on around April 15th.

I'm led to believe that the references to the new understanding are made in such a manner as to suggest the "new light" isn't that new at all, which suggests to me that little or no effort is being made to explain the doctrinal connotations. My source and I are hoping to get a key paragraph posted at the earliest opportunity. Watch this space!

Cedars

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Thanks for the heads up. I was just thinking about this subject. If your source is correct, JWs will be studying these articles at the KH in September. Most of the DCs will have finished and I'm wondering if they will have already worked in the NooLiteâ„¢ in the convention program somewhere (perhaps the Friday Keynote Address?). The Sept. study articles will reinforce the new understanding while it's still fresh in JW minds.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

It is not new light. They just got tired of beating around the bush to please the other anointed and ones who like explanations from the Bible. The Board of directors and then the governing body have always been the FDS.

• designs
    designs

Rattigan- That is true, from the days of Russel forward, those in power never wanted to share or listen to outside ideas. It will be interesting to see how the rank and file respond, I hope it will have the effect that the 'generation' change had in 1995 and many left.

• Fistandantilus
    Fistandantilus

Actually, wrong, the new light will appear in that magazine, and all bethelites were instructed to study it very closely, because even though they went to the annual meeting, they didnt hear the half of it.

That from my source, apparently theres more new "light"

• Sulla
    Sulla

I doubt this will be a big deal. Yeah, it's a power grab; but the GB already had the power already. This just makes it official. Doctrinally, it doesn't seem that tough to me -- 1918 simply becomes the re-institution of the Church. JWs have always known that the apostolic nature of the JWs -- the idea of an unbroken thread going all the way back -- was not true. Now, they are simply saying that all them people way back in the day who wre the "real" church never had any official authority. Which, nobody cares, since a) we aren't living 1,000 years ago and b) nobody could have identified the "real" authority in those days, anyhow.

I see it as a push. Meaningless.

• 88JM
    88JM

I will be interested to see how they explain who was the FDS between 1917 and 1942. I suspect they won't try.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

So Cedars, how long will it take you to post a full blown commentary on the article(s) once the mag is up do you think? We've had lots of discussion on the doctrinal implications on the board so there's chunk of material already there let alone whatever raises it's head once we get to see the "reasoning".

I suspect the content will be underwhelming, especially since it's not really meant alot to the masses already. It seems that whatever has excited me over the past months as someone awakening to TTATT is a very little concern to pretty much everyone else. Doctrinal change, scientific advances, scandals - nothing seems to wake anyone. The great thing is, however, that once an awakening starts there is plenty of material out there to support individuals.

• cedars
    cedars

Hi konceptual99

So Cedars, how long will it take you to post a full blown commentary on the article(s) once the mag is up do you think?

Unfortunately it's out of my hands. I'm hoping my source can get me a scan or something tangible so I can start putting an article together, but until then I'm playing the waiting game!

Cedars

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If they can explain 2 classes of domestics from the scriptures, one with Christ as mediator and one without, then I will confess the sin of visiting this forum to the Elders, quit my job and regular pioneer. I forsee more " spiritual Mother " circular reasoning and one or two single verses applied in a " figurative " way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit