First mention of "new light" may appear in July 15, 2013 Watchtower

by cedars 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82
    Its almost as if they are making it up as they go along

"almost"?

• moshe
    moshe

The WT has really stepped into the quick sand by claiming the GB is the F&DS- if they wiggle around anymore trying to explain all the obvious contradictions to this new dogma, they will just sink up to their necks in trouble.

The JWs are all blockheads anyway when it comes to logic. As long as the WT leaves their wallets alone the brothers will accept any new WT teaching that lets them continue to believe that JWs can cheat death and live forever as perfect humans on a paradise Earth.

• cantleave
    cantleave

New light from the WTS

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

cantleave - LOL!

I remember always hating new light because the study article about it would go into painful detail about the old understanding and how they came to this new conclusion. Now they're just slipping it by the R&F in a craftily crafted paragraph.

• Splash
    Splash

The New Light tells us that the apostles were not part of the FDS. Do these scriptures tell us the Apostles were Faithful and Discreet Slaves (stewards), feeding the early Christian household?

· Luk 22:28-29 "However, YOU are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials; and I make a covenant with YOU, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom,

· Eph 2:19 Certainly, therefore, YOU are no longer strangers and alien residents, but YOU are fellow citizens of the holy ones and are members of the household of God,

· 1Pe 4:10 In proportion as each one has received a gift, use it in ministering to one another as fine stewards of God's undeserved kindness expressed in various ways.

· 1Co 3:2 I fed YOU milk, not something to eat, for YOU were not yet strong enough.

· 1Co 4:1-2 Let a man so appraise us as being subordinates of Christ and stewards of sacred secrets of God. Besides, in this case, what is looked for in stewards is for a man to be found faithful.

· 2 Co 5:20 We are therefore ambassadors substituting for Christ, as though God were making entreaty through us.

· 1Pe 5:1-2 Therefore, to the older men among YOU I give this exhortation...: Shepherd the flock of God in YOUR care, not under compulsion, but willingly; neither for love of dishonest gain, but eagerly;

· Heb 5:13-14 For everyone that partakes of milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their perceptive powers trained to distinguish both right and wrong.

· Joh 21:15 He said to him: "Feed my lambs."

Joh 21:16 He said to him: "Shepherd my little sheep."

Joh 21:17 Jesus said to him: "Feed my little sheep.

Splash

• rocketman
    rocketman

Actually, the apparent "new light" in this case, that the FDS is the Governing Body, makes more sense, to me anyway. Here's why:

Years ago, we had an old sister around who was a partaker and thus supposedly part of the "Slave". But here was an old lady who contributed nothing to the feeding of the "domestics". Most of the anointed, in fact, do little to "feed" anyone spirtually.

So from their standpoint, it makes more sense that a group directly involved in the publication and dispensation of such 'spirtual food' would be those who actually had a part in it rather than some old woman or man who partook but did little else.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Splash!!

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

So from their standpoint, it makes more sense that a group directly involved in the publication and dispensation of such 'spirtual food' would be those who actually had a part in it rather than some old woman or man who partook but did little else

then shouldn't that include all at bethal .. not just the self appointed cracker crunching CEOs

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

rocketman, the only other change that makes sense is having the 'other sheep' included in the 'domestics.' But the FDS doctrine was always Swiss cheese. Just because they've plugged a couple of holes doesn't alter that fact that the FDS doctrine is still Swiss cheese.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

"And Brother's We(the governing body) Love This Teaching(and so should you rank and file). We Love This Idea Because It Really Truely Does Dignify The Member of The Great Crowd" (and elevates us as unchallenged dictators over your faith).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBt9yTNdpg8

"So Eat It Up Because The Faithful Slave is Serving You A True Banquet, So then Bo appetit" Dinner is Served! Chow Down this Stuff is Good Hot or Cold or Just Plain Reheated.

No Throwing Up Allowed, Eat It, Every Crumb! Because We Will Force Feed You Like Only A Faithful And Discrete Slave Could With God's Blessing!

Just Eat It!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJjMnHoIBI

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit