First mention of "new light" may appear in July 15, 2013 Watchtower

by cedars 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

The WTS has constantly been changing its foundations.

They presented "proof" that Jesus was invisibly present since 1874.

Then they decided that he wasn't present until 1914.

The Great Pyramid was God's stone witness.

Its measurements proved the 1874 date.

Then its measurements changed to prove the 1914 date.

Then the Great Pyramid was Satan's stone witness, so its measurements proved nothing.

They said that Russell was the faithful and wise servant.

Then they said that they never said it.

Then they said that the faithful and discreet slave was the "anointed" on earth.

Now it's just the GB acting as the faithful and discreet slave.

The end was coming in 1914, 1925, 1942, 1975, any day now.

The list goes on and on.

Despite all these changes, whatever they teach at any given moment is "the truth."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Despite all these changes, whatever they teach at any given moment is "the truth."

or at any given moment they present new light which over time shows that it was not the truth, which has its own elements of corruption.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This new policy denoting who is the FDSL is just an attempt to put focus on who is the controlling power of this organization.

The GB thats who.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    The end was coming in 1914, 1925, 1942, 1975, any day now

They will likely never (of course, never say never) change the "any day now", "soon", or "imminent" phrases to a date again. I think they've learned that that's backfired on them way too many times. I recently heard a talk where a bethelite close to the GB said the won't look to the Bible for a formula again, because they've finally learned their lesson with what Jesus said at Act 1:7: "“It does not belong to YOU to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction."

Of course, that doesn't stop them from saying "soon" or any such phrase, including what was said by Samuel Herd at our D.C. last summer: "We are in the last day of the last days!"He, of course, preceded that with the statement that they got that info from heaven. (Not to be confused with our dear member, Heaven, who denied ever talking to the GB. LOL!)

• suavojr
    suavojr

cedars,

study it, disect it and give us some info! Amazing how TTATT is reaching high up withing the WT. I wonder if we get another Ray Franz soon

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

"Collectively" ? Lets see; there are six million JW's and eight men

decide who is on the Governing Body ? Most JW's don't even know

who these men are, and certainly no "collective" vote is made.

The whole doctrine " faithful and discreet slave"

is a flawed interpretation of a rehtorical question

Jesus asked to cause individuals to seach out their

own hearts as to what kind of example they

would be and how they would live their individual lives.

If the Watchtower's invented "doctrine" were true,

who do they suppose the "organization"

was in AD 2 or AD 300 ? Or AD 1300 ?

Where was this governing body then ?

Or in 1752 or in 1800 ?

What the JW still attached to WT doctrines

needs to see, is that they do not

have "special knowledge" or "understanding"

of ideas, concepts, doctrines,

or teachings that are making them "special"

or above other believing Christians.

Life on earth in a paradise was understood and believed

by all early Adventists and even in the Middle Ages.

And by Quakers, and Mennonites and Baptists

JW's think they have unique doctrines , they do not.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" They will likely never (of course, never say never) change the "any day now", "soon", or "imminent" phrases to a date again. I think they've learned that that's backfired on them way too many times. "

LOL!! Let's wait and see! You are probably right, but I have heard two talks in as many months, saying that we should not be fooled because the END WILL COME IN OUR LIFETIME! That may be the phrase that pays! I will be interested to hear it repeated at DC's and CA's. At the last CA there was a part about refinements. The Brother said " If you don't understand a current teaching, Jehovah could be testing you." There is no telling what they will say from stage. They revived the spiritual mother brainwashing, then said " God's word does not show forth truth all on it's own." What won't they say...

Since we are talking about the domestics/FDS debacle, check this out. I just stumbled upon it for the first time tonight.

Watchtower 12/15/1953

Everlasting Praise Due the New World Sovreign

34) Jehovah has always given this slave class something to serve as seasonable food. Now not only the anointed domestics partake of it but also the other sheep who crave spiritual food that satisfies and leads to life. As long as this slave class remains on earth, be that also after Armageddon, Jehovah will not discharge them, even when he raises the faithful witnesses of ancient times from the dead. On what grounds would he discharge them? Those raised from the dead are not qualified for a superior position by a mere resurrection to life on earth, especially when the eyes and ears of the slave class have been blessed far beyond what those of the pre-Christian witnesses of Jehovah were. (Matt. 13:16, 17) Jehovah's spirit and blessing are what qualify his slave class for superior service. But after this spiritual "slave" class departs from the earth to the heavenly kingdom, then the King, the "Everlasting Father," will have his visible earthly organization of special servants, "princes in all the earth," to minister for all those who abide on the earth forever.-Ps. 45:16; Isa. 9:6.

There you go. From 1919 onward, Rutherford and Company are better than any pre-Christian servant, even John the Baptist! You learn something new every time you read the CD lie-brary!

• BlindersOff1
  • cedars
    cedars

I've read all four articles several times, and I think I've just about got a handle on them. I'm now trying to put my thoughts into words.

Spoiler alert: after reading this material, you will be left with more questions than answers!

Cedars

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That's how the WTBT$ operates.. Confuse the sheep ( create a vacuum/give breath to an image) then supply answers to the conundrum that they started in the first place ( fill the vacuum/worship the image of their making ). Job security for the WTBT$, and it has been working for 100 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit