First mention of "new light" may appear in July 15, 2013 Watchtower

by cedars 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi Comatose

Will you be able to post the scans? I hope so!

Sorry, I can't oblige. The scans have been made available to me on the strict understanding that they are not to be reproduced. You will have to rely on my ability to digest and convey the information I'm afraid! I will be quoting from the material, but not voluminously.

Cedars

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Awesome. Will you release the original article before its official release?

Oops. Posted before seeing the last message

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Once again Cedars: Great done!

But....I can't stop myself from laughing. They are throwing russel under the bus.......and they are trying to claim that God chose the alcoholic and psychopath Rutherford to be the first Filthful and Disguisting Slavebugger! Some in the GB got to have a good sence of humour!

• Listener
    Listener

I'll be interested to know if they explain the significance of the Domestics now including the OS and whether they have mentioned Spiritual Israel.

Also, they have changed the timing of Jesus' second coming to appoint the FDS over all Christ's belongings and this is significant. They really screw themselves with the idea that the promise of the FDS being appointed over all his belongings is not inclusive of just them. This is pretty much on par with their logic regarding the meaning of generation.

They didn't discuss the wicked slave at the general meeting and this adds a greater meaning to the whole parable and how it should be considered.

Cedars, could you thank the guy who has given you the article ahead of time and thank you for your hard work.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Let's prepare ourselves for some good reading in the days to come. Thank you cedars and thank your source for us!

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

MARKED

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Just for reference, The Finished Ministry, 1918, immediately in the preface states:

page 2

"The great Master laid special emphasis on the importance of the messenger to the seventh, or Laodicean, period of the Church, saying that such an one would be "a faithful and wise servant, whom his Lord would make ruler over all His Household, to give them meat in due season."

"Those consecrated Christians who have read and fully appreciated the Truth as contained in the preceding six volumes of STUDIES IN THE SCRIPTURES readily see and agree that Charles Taze Russell was the messenger of the Church of Laodicea. In the mind of every one who believes the Bible the evidence set forth in this volume will establish that fact beyond the question of a doubt."

page 4

"In 1879 Charles Taze Russell began the publication of THE WATCH TOWER, of which he was the sole editor as long as he remained on earth. THE WATCH TOWER was, and is, the first and only journal declaring the presence of the Lord Jesus. Pastor Russell being the messenger to the Laodicean Church, and occupying the position of the Lord's special servant to give the Household of Faith meat in due season..."

• AnnOMaly
  • Listener
    Listener

Interesting leaving quietly. Here is a church that is changing it's very foundation that it built itself on.

• designs
    designs

Listener- pretty amazing how this new batch of GBers figured out a way to take complete control of the organization and its unique history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit