Yet another "Shunning is good for you, honest!" quote in the June 15th 2013 Watchtower

by cedars 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Even if this is a true account ... recycled who knows how many times from how long ago ... what they won't include are those who go on to live happy lives and never return, those who commit suicide because of the extreme shunning, those who return and fake it for families sake ... damn cult

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes, as we have just seen in the above article, God put out of his congregation those that were opposed to him and that were corrupt. He disfellowshiped them. He got rid of them, and he advises us to do so with such persons.--The Watchtower, March 1, 1952, page 137.

J Rutherford first used the Evil slave designation on to people who wouldn't stick with his theology but wanted to rather stick with C T Russell's. (ISBA)

Done intensionally to darked the image of those people.

Be in my organization and be a true faithful Christian or leave and be an evil opposer to god himself.

My theology is correct, everyone is wrong and false, true Christians follow me.

As you can see organized religion is really about acquiring power .

The only problem is that the WTS organization and leaders are the evil ones who dispose god's will and purpose and impose their own will and purpose.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Cedar, When I read the June Watchtower to my daughter, and I read this experience, she said, "Haven't we heard that experience already?" lol

Just Lois

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And for what? The religion is nothing more than a tool to prevent people from receiving genuine spirituality. You are stopped from analyzing doctrines in a rational way. You can't go to regular church, a synagogue, or mosque (physical or online) just to see what they are really about. You are bound to rules that prevent you from developing yourself--binding your soul to joke-hova. You are prevented from realizing that Satan is your friend and joke-hova your enemy (a fact that can be proven right from your own LIE-ble if you are unbiased enough).

You are bound to problems that go past this life. They spend your whole life impressioning you that having plenty is wrong. You are not doing enough if you have plenty of money (wealth, in case the currency becomes Zimbabwe worthless), time, or health. It is supposed to be good to give up assets and make personal sacrifice to spread the message. Sex is so tightly regulated--and they highlight being single. All this rubbish gets programmed into your soul, and will be an obstacle in the next life. People struggle with sex hangups, money, social status, bullying, and being able to claim rewards (or enjoy them, once they get them) because of this crap in past lives. Beyond the stagnation in this life, you are being programmed into problems next time through.

With this, they are saying it is for their good? The witlesses are using blackmail to coerce family members into this kind of stagnation in this life followed by stubborn hardships in the next. And by the way, this is setting themselves up so they will have parents that prevent them from going beyond bare necessities in the next life--right back into another cult. Perhaps the more loving thing would have been to allow the association without restrictions, but they will lose whatever membership "benefits(??)" they otherwise had. Such as being allowed to go in field circus, being allowed to take parts in the boasting sessions, and so on--basic association not included as a "benefit". After all, you don't get shunned by co-workers simply because you get fired for breaking a rule, do you? You just don't have a job or that pay check (which could well be toilet paper soon anyways).

• jam
    jam

What is happening with the borg. It use to be, no parts

of the world, the end is near, no blood , birthdays and etc.

Now it seems that all their effort is directed at those dreadful

Apostate. LOL

One day they will figure out, the more we talk about these people

our numbers continue too decrease. We tell them to shun love

ones , damn,t why can,t they understand. We have told you that

your mother, father, sister or brother are mentally ill, they do not deserve

any acknowledgment from you, they are dirt. Listen to the GB, sorry

listen to Jehovah.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Bullying is never the answer - when are these fuckwits going to realise that?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Is this desperation?

A quote lifted from another thread

A spokesman for the church in Australia, Sydney solicitor Vincent Toole, dismissed the allegations and said shunning was a"myth." Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/national/jehovahs-witnesses-a-cruel-cult-20130315-2g5x3.html#ixzz2NbJ83

• besty
    besty

can someone paste this WT quote into the comments of theage.com article pls

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Confirms I made the 100% best decision of my life leaving such a heartless, cold, unloving religion. "By their fruits you will recognise them" - Yes indeed!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Cedars: "Recycled," or more likely, "spun out of thin air!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit