Yet another "Shunning is good for you, honest!" quote in the June 15th 2013 Watchtower

by cedars 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dozy
    dozy

Wow. Not even able to "check up" on a DFd son occasionally? That's pretty harsh. The WTBTS are really getting very hard-line now.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yes they are getting more hard line, and this is the insidious way they introduce new Rules. They will not come out straight and say that JW's should not even check up on DF'd ones, but will slip it in to a probably totally made up "experience" so that the R&F take it on board.

This will result in more heartache ,pain, and suicides.

The WT/JW cult really is despicable.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yet this there official "public" stance

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/shunning/

Lying bastards!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings continue. " Is the lying claim on JW.org.

We know that even if that were the case, it will not be once this new WT sinks in.

No more normal family affections and dealings, even if there were before.

Lying bastards indeed !

• cedars
    cedars

Here is my article on the subject for those who are interested...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/australian-psychologist-brands-jehovahs-witnesses-a-cruel-cult-as-watchtower-ramps-up-its-shunning-campaign

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Here's an interesting graphic from my article for anyone who wants to share it...

Cedars

• milola
    milola

This all makes me very nervous. My mother died two months ago so now I need to be keeping an eye on my dad. I hope he doesn't get "encouraged" to start this shunning crap again. He and my mother attempted to shun me several years back and couldn't. One of the points I made to my mother was that I absolutely could go back to the meetings but I would be a hypocrit and god would still kill me so what was the point. As I have said before I have been very fortunate in that my parents seemed a little lax on some of the teachings. I will be waiting and watching for the next few months. Hopefully he won't read that artical too closely.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

]*** w74 8/1 p. 471 par. 21 Maintaining a Balanced Viewpoint Toward Disfellowshiped Ones ***
    21 As to disfellowshiped family members (not minor sons or daughters) living outside the home, each family must decide to what extent they will have association with such ones. This is not something that the congregational elders can decide for them. What the elders are concerned with is that “leaven” is not reintroduced into the congregation through spiritual fellowshiping with those who had to be removed as such “leaven.” Thus, if a disfellowshiped parent goes to visit a son or daughter or to see grandchildren and is allowed to enter the Christian home, this is not the concern of the elders. Such a one has a natural right to visit his blood relatives and his offspring. Similarly, when sons or daughters render honor to a parent, though disfellowshiped, by calling to see how such a one’s physical health is or what needs he or she may have, this act in itself is not a spiritual fellowshiping.

22 In some cases where a disfellowshiped parent is aged or in bad health and needs care, the son or daughter might feel it advisable to bring such a parent into the home to fulfill proper filial obligations. So, too, Christian parents of a disfellowshiped son or daughter who is no longer a minor might decide to take such a one back into the home due to that one’s having a grave health problem or having been incapacitated in an accident or being in a destitute state financially. These are humanitarian decisions that Christian families must make and the congregational elders are not required to intervene where there is no sound evidence of a reintroduction of a corrupting influence within the congregation.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

1947 WT - Disfellowshipping is Unscriptural

http://i.imgur.com/JKyoo.jpg

• Designer Stubble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit