Yet another "Shunning is good for you, honest!" quote in the June 15th 2013 Watchtower

by cedars 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's not hard to spot when it's talking about my life!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

1st of all, I thought: we don't shun family? lol

2nd of all, I thought: we were supposed to serve jehovah for the love that we have for him, not family association? lol

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ask a JW elder if there's any scriptural basis to publicly announce DFing of an individual in front of a group of congregated people.

NOPE.

There is positive and factual evidence that DFing within the JW organization has driven some people to suicide or to a lesser extent

great emotional trauma. I personally think DF came about because the WTS. leaders knew their organization was founded on true

conniving bullshit, so to protect what they acquired out of people, they issued their own dispelling of people who would not be good

candidates for supporting their organization.

The WTS. had to constantly look outside of their organization to counter opposers and justifiably inside as well.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I find myself in complete agreement with sseveninches that the experience is absolutely fake. How could it not be? I remember what AnnOMaly pointed out that this was a recycled story. Only the names were changed to besmirch the innocent. This cult absolutely has no shame. The day of its demise can’t come soon enough. To follow up on what 00DAD said, snail mail will be allowed only if the matter is one of extreme urgency. Otherwise, you can be sure that oversight will be corrected to state that not even snail mail exchanges are permissible.

Quendi

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

1st of all, I thought: we don't shun family? lol

It's interesting how the jw.org FAQ 'Do You Shun Former Members of Your Religion?' gives the impression that JWs do not shun DFed family members. However, it is specifically discussing DFed family members who live in the same household. There is no comment on how DFed relatives who live elsewhere are shunned. Quite an omission.

• ambersun
    ambersun

So let's get this straight. Andre Robert is really pleased that his family totally shunned him for 16 years. He had no problem with the fact that he had been thrown out into a world he was totally unprepared for, having been kept totally seperate from it for all of his earlier life with no friends or contacts to turn to and a family that totally rejected him. His family and congregation's complete lack of concern for his personal safety and well being while he was cast out with no support was perfectly acceptable to him.

The loving arrangement of total shunning and the desperation and loneliness it caused him to experience, drove Andre Robert to return to the wonderful loving organisation again so his family would stop treating him like sh*t and accept him into the fold again. He actually admitted it was not the doctrines he returned to, just a desperation to be with his family! I bet that despite his gratitude for this 'loving arrangement' he is secretly glad that the law of the land prevented them from actually stoning him to death instead of merely shunning him for 16 years.

How heartwarming this story is, a true indication of the warmth and love expressed by followers of the WTS. Indeed, this must be God's Organisation on earth.

I have the sudden urge to rush back into the fold again.

NOT!!!!

• tiki
    tiki

yet another fabricated "experience" to prove their warped view.

to me - if a group of people you believe love and care for you turn on you and kick you out of their group - the last thing you want is back in. normal psychology would involve the victim feeling hurt and antagonized - and seeking solace elsewhere. i know that family is a strong pull in so many cases, but really - grow a set and move on.

why the big fear that people might associate with those who opt out? yeah - i know..keep 'em knuckled under lacking thought, substance or guts.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I found this part especially disturbing:

Had my family associated with me even a little, say to check up on me ...

Not even checking on your son's/brother's welfare periodically?! (There was also the admonition this week not to find reasons excuses to email!) How is that in any way Christian? Appalling!

• trujw
    trujw

It seems that the Dungen doors are shutting with them inside. I really thought after last year they may start to loosen up but it looks like they are going to try and save the sinking ship all the way to the bottom of the sea.

• hoser
    hoser

Is it just me or are they ramping up the pressure on this issue?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit