Yet another "Shunning is good for you, honest!" quote in the June 15th 2013 Watchtower

by cedars 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jambon1
    jambon1

How embarrassing for them & their god.

• sir82
    sir82

Too funny!

The dimbulbs in the writing department can't even be arsed to pull a new experience.

They used to wait 5-10 years before recycling experiences - now we're down to 14 months?

By the time we hit 2020, the Watchtower will be the same 16 (shoot, or 8) pages over and over again, with a different cover photo each month.

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

So much blatant dysfunction and outright emotional blackmail being committed.

So many people living with this tumultous internal torture... all in the name of such a "Loving Organisation" Makes me want to spit nails.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I love the tacit admission implied by both articles that JWs don't necessarily come to meetings or go out in field service because of any love for Jehovah, but rather to maintain family ties. That's organized religion for ya, gotta love it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Humans use religion as a way to control. It's not about your spirituality

Example. The southern slave master convinced themselves that they were doin' " God's Will "

They thought it was unGodly for the Africans to live as they were in their native land

African religions were thought to be Pagan , heathen, and forbidden

Much like what the WTS label all other religions today

because they celebrate the holidays

The use of separation from thier loved ones

was a way to keep the southern slaves obedient to their masters

A practice still in use by the WTS today. If the WTS could make a profit off of the shunned

they would sell you all in a heart beat

And jus' like the souther slave masters of the south, the WTS thinks it's doin' " God's Will "

Many may deny that the WTS is such, they refuse to see it , refuse to face it

They think they have " Freewill " to chose whatever makes them happy

You have been fooled to think so

Because once " Willie " gets " free " he's not happy because he lost his family

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Thank you Cedars. this will help me in court

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

AnnoMaly--excellent catch. Really, laying the "official" public stance re disfellowshipping as set out on their website side-by-side with this current manipulative claptrap is ample evidence of the fundamental dishonesty characterizing this relgion.

Blech.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I can't help but wonder if the w74 article was a Raymond Franz piece.

• sir82
    sir82

Here's my guess as to why this experience is recycled.

The WTS expected the 4/15/2012 WT article & experience to make a big, immediate difference in the reports they get of "family contacting DF'ed relatives".

But apparently they have been still getting reports from COs that family members are not obeying the directive.

So some hardliner GB dude said "the problem is that the experience wasn't detailed enough!"

So they changed "more than 10" to "nearly 16", and added the detail "Even to check up on me".

Hardliner GB dude(s) must have thought "we need to spell it out more clearly. These parents are checking to see if their children are alive! Can't have that!"

This is, IMHO, a very significant change, now that I think about it.

What do we learn?

1) JWs are ignoring the directives to shun family members

2) The GB is aware of it and is gravely concerned over it

3) The GB is clueless on how to "fix it" - they are just repeating what they've said before and hoping for better results

I suspect there is little that drives the GB battier than realizing that they have diminished control over their "flock".

• Borges
    Borges

Very good article Cedars, thank you for that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit