Yet another "Shunning is good for you, honest!" quote in the June 15th 2013 Watchtower

by cedars 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

LG, I think "necessary business" is long gone!

How could you possibly conduct and "necessary business" if you cannot contact each other via telephone, text messages, or email? I guess snail-mail is still allowed.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Robert must be so grateful to his spiritually mature and faithful family for totally fucking ignoring him for sixteen years. What a sterling example to all the other mind-fucked parents in the congregation they've been all that time too. He must be so proud ... maybe he'll take them out to dinner? Now he can get to know his brother who was 15 years old last time he saw him. Trouble is ... he's 31 now, married with three kid's, got diabetes and a bad attitude. Never mind . . . "He who endures" eh?

Robert must be secretly thrilled with himself too, because apart from still being able to recognise his immediate family (apart from his brother), he's also managed to screen his mind completely from Satan's mind-freeing truths for a full sixteen years. Only a true Christian can remain so wilfully fucking ignorant in the face of such a threat.

It must be remembered however, that although Robert never read a single non-fiction book or article for sixteen years, he also never read a single Watchtower or attended a meeting. This clearly demonstrates that sixteen years of being starved of "food at the proper time" means sweet fuck all. This very clever strategy of totally fucking ignoring, which involves doing precisely NOTHING, is all that's required. With the additional proviso, that Robert is a total fuckwit.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

F***ing Bastards

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

This is almost word-for-word a repeat of this little gem from only last Spring

They're talking about the same guy!

Compare:

April 2012

Consider just one example of the good that can come when a family loyally upholds Jehovah’s decree not to associate with disfellowshipped relatives. A young man had been disfellowshipped for over ten years, during which time his father, mother, and four brothers “quit mixing in company” with him. At times, he tried to involve himself in their activities, but to their credit, each member of the family was steadfast in not having any contact with him. After he was reinstated, he said that he always missed the association with his family, especially at night when he was alone. But, he admitted, had the family associated with him even a little, that small dose would have satisfied him. However, because he did not receive even the slightest communication from any of his family, the burning desire to be with them became one motivating factor in his restoring his relationship with Jehovah. Think of that if you are ever tempted to violate God’s command not to associate with your disfellowshipped relatives.

June 2013

Disfellowshipping is another type of discipline from Jehovah. It protects the congregation from a bad influence and can play a role in the sinner’s recovery. (1 Cor. 5:6, 7, 11) Robert was disfellowshipped for nearly 16 years, during which time his parents and siblings firmly and loyally applied the direction in God’s Word to quit mixing in company with wrongdoers, not even greeting such ones. Robert has been reinstated for some years now and is progressing well spiritually. When asked what moved him to return to Jehovah and His people after such a long time, he replied that the stand that his family took affected him. “Had my family associated with me even a little, say to check up on me, that small dose of association would have satisfied me and likely not allowed my desire for association to be a motivating factor to return to God.”

Given the success of shunning to restore people back to their family, friends and Jehovah the Org., the Writing Department could draw on 100s of experiences instead of recycling the same one, surely.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That is disgusting. They have no shame.

• sd-7
    sd-7

LOL! They directly recycled that! Ha ha ha! This is from last frakking year!

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

You know what? Somebody just spoke that into the speakwrite, man. 'Robert' probably doesn't even exist. Why else recycle the same exact experience from last year? It makes no sense otherwise. They should have literally thousands of these stories to draw from. Why use the same one?

--sd-7

• cedars
    cedars

It does appear to be a recycled experience. Well spotted folks!

Cedars

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

Because most (if not all) of their "examples" are fake!

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

What is this???? Robert?? Wasn't it André?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit